Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
My Device: Playbook and Z10
My Carrier: EE

Re: Z10 What happened to sync for contacts and calendars from Outlook etc

The source was via twitter @blackberryhelp

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

[ Edited ]

lets hope the app is made available quickly. It is sad that you have to rely on a third party app to bridge gaps in Blackberrys strategy. I suspect they will be loosing most of their business users.

New Contributor

Come on Blackberry - get it sorted for the business world who once were your core market.
Contributor
My Device: Playbook and Z10
My Carrier: EE

I have no doubt this will come very soon.

Does make me think they launched too early to get to market and then deal with the gaps after.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: PRIV (5.1.1), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

ticfever wrote:

The source was via twitter @blackberryhelp

Thank you.

Get your 15% discount at ShopBlackBerry.com! Click Here for details.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

jackkapica wrote:

I use Sympatico, and was told bluntly by them the other day that it was "not possible" to handle a calendar with Outlook and sync it with the Z10. By "not possible" the guy really meant Bell doesn't support it, which means it might be able to work, but they haven't been trained on this. In short, they're all told to lie to anyone who asks. 

Every time I speak to Sympatico tech support I just lose it.

Indeed. I hope Sympatico get themselves together soon.

Please read additional information (though not related directly to your issue) in this article from the public knowledge base:

KB33637 Unable to integrate a sympatico.ca or bellaliant.net account on BlackBerry 10

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Carrier: Fido

After 10 hours of frustration, I finally got to a BB Customer care rep.After I explained my problem - "can't sync to Outlook", he informed me that there never was any intent by Blackberry/RIM to offer cable sync for the Z10. There are two ways to sync your contacts, messages, appointments etc.

1. Work for a compamy that uses Microsoft Exchange Server and  BES - Blackberry Exchange Server - those of you who are in this situaton will be able to sync your Z10 and keep your contacts etc up to date.

2. Wait until Blackberry approves a third party app so that you will be able to sync via WiFi. CompanionLink has annouced that they have written the software but ar waiting for approval from Blackberry Apps. Who knows how long that might take.

I read a comment this past Wednesday that was most appropriate - "Z10 From Tool to Toy in one easy step"

I too took the Z10 back and replaced it with an i5. Happy trails!

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Mine syncs through outlook calendar and contacts to all my devices automatically. Works better than my old cable system. I go through out look sync2 , google gmail account and active sync on the Z10. Everything stays up to date.
G2M
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: ATT

Hialdonald I definitely feel your pain. USB sync via link is currently not supported. A lot of people, me included, are very upset about this. Apparently a few people were able to get in contact with BB customer help via twitter, and BB has said they will have an update for this later. For me this must happen before the US launch or I will likely not upgrade.

However in the meantime one work around for contact transfer is to create an outlook.com account and transfer your contacts from outlook to outlook.com via the outlook connector (free from microsoft) add on and sync the outlook.com account to your BB. I understand If this is not a viable option for you because you are not comfortable uploading personal data to the cloud, but it is unfortunately the only way (for now) to sync outlook to the new phones.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

[ Edited ]

You missed this real option, sync thru gmail, hotmail or Outlook.com. The sync function exists in BB Desktop Manager for OS7 but not in BB link (yet). Many have managed to sync with the above and it works fine. How to you do sync with an iPhone 5, bet you it is the same as above. You moved to a phone with no NFC, BBM, lower screen resolution, no SD card, faulty map, no battery swap and tied to itunes for file transfer, what an interesting option.