Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
LF-Z10
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Z10 and BB Link sync problems

I  bought a brand new Z10, T-Mobile provider, latest Firmware on the phone and on BB Link.

The sync between the cell and the desktop always finishes with the Message

Error 26020 - an outlook record is missing its modified date.

I cannot use my phone without any synced contacts and cal entries.

Any ideas how to sort this mess?

Please use plain text.
Administrator (Retired)
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Z10 and BB Link sync problems

Hello LF-Z10,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Thank you for your question regarding the issue you are experiencing with your BlackBerry Link software.

Which version of BlackBerry Link do you currently have installed and on which stage do you receive this error message?

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LF-Z10

Hi FB

thanks for replying. I used th latest version 1.1.1.26

Nevertheless, today was apparently an update for the device which I am right now going to test.

I keep you posted.

Best LF

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LF-Z10

I tried the update yesterday - device update to version 10.1.0.2312 - the effect on the sync problem is zero.

Neither the contacts will be transferred due to "error 26020" and the calender tries to sync but aborts inbetween. Any idea how to solve this?

It seems like a pure software problem - either at BB Link or Outlook (both multiple times in the last days newly installed, deleted and installed again).

Thanks
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
LF-Z10

Can anybody please react on my sincere malfunction of BlackBerry Link and the Z10 in combination with Outlook 2010.

Neither the Microsoft Hotline nor my provider nor the blackberry hotline feels obliged to provide a solution.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BFalcon1

I am having the same issue. I noticed you are on T-Mobile. Maybe it is their issue? None the less I may be finished with Blackberry if I can not get this feature resolved.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Too-Slow
My Carrier: Bell

The answer, as I finally found out after many, many hours on-line with BB, is the following:

Error code 26020 is just what it says...you have contact records that are old and likely have not been updated such that a 'modified' date is recorded. So, the solution is to go to your contacts and display them in list mode, then add the 'modified' field to the list, sort by the modified list and see which contacts have no modified date in the field or simply say 'none' in the modified field. For those contacts that don't have a modified date, go into the contact and resave them so they do get a modified date assigned. Do it for all offending contacts. That should fix your sync issue.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Too-Slow
My Carrier: Bell

Error code 26020 is just what it says...some of your contacts don't have a date in the 'modified' field.  The solution is to go to your contacts in Outlook and display them in list mode.  If you don't have the 'modified' field in the list mode, use the Outlook field chooser to display that field. 

If you sort your contacts by the 'modified' field you'll notice that the offending contacts have no date in that field.  So, open each of those contacts up and re-save them...that should put a date in the 'modified' field. 

And that should fix your syn problem!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
BFalcon1

Thanks for this note. I have been away and will be in the office tomorrow. At that point I will try to sync my phone. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
longfuture
My Carrier: T-Mobile Germany

Hi Too-Slow thanks a lot for your help. My Outlook shows no modified dates at any of the 3,500 contacts. Even if I open a contact, change something and save it again, no date appears. Any idea how I could handle this?
Please use plain text.