Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

connection error OS 10.2 link 1.2

[ Edited ]

Hiya..  I have updated my z10 to 10.2  and link to 1.2, the phone appears to connect fine to link and I am able to back up, but when I try to sync contacts or music I get a "connection error"..  This has happend through both usb and wifi connections..  I have tried it though the usb after turning off both moblie connections and wifi still ending with the same issue. 

Any help out there..?

cheers

Paul

Thought this might help instead of just discribing..

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: connection error OS 10.2 link 1.2

You see that if the drives aren't connected.

If you go to Windows Explorer do you see your Blackberry showing up?

Sometimes it takes a minute for them to show up.  If you wait a few and try to copy music again does it work?

New Contributor

It'll only appear in windows explorer (as a removable drive) if I turn on the settings (on the phone) for the USB mass storage, but that disconnects it from Link..  When I turn the USB mass storage off it disappears from explorer and reconnects to link, but then I still get the connection error..

New Contributor

Fixed it..!

After diabling antivirus/firewall I still kept getting the connection issue.

I decided to redownload and install the antivirus/firewall (also dumping some components of which I don't really use), then noticed that I needed to update iTunes. Did this and rebooted.. Now my music is syncing perfectly and the phone is recognised as "network location" drives in windows explorer.. 

Awesome!  I can get back to enjoying 10.2!

Cheers for the help..