Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
erik2727
My Device: BBz10
Accepted Solution

how do I transfer contacts from Mac Address Book to new z10?

Am trying to sync my phone with Blackberry link and not having the best experience.  I've switched from the iPhone and all my contacts, music etc. are on a Mac computer.  Not having any luck getting my contacts from my address book onto the z10 - any advice?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: how do I transfer contacts from Mac Address Book to new z10?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

This discussion might help you:

Things are very different than before. But, you CAN accomplish synchronization between a desktop PIM and your Z10, you just must do it very differently...you need an internet-based conduit (e.g., HotMail).

Now, that said, I have no idea about connectors between MAC PIM apps and internet-based conduits for this purpose...you may have some digging to do, but what you learn will likely be very useful to many others.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
erik2727

This reply really didn't offer any sound advice.  It looks like it is not doable at the moment.  Tough sell getting iPhoners to switch.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Really? Well, if your question boils down to "how to accomplish things wired", the answer is you don't, because that is definitely changed. Is that "sound" enough for you? It may not be the answer you want, but it is what it is.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
erik2727

Still. No answer provided.

New Contributor
erik2727

[ Edited ]

It's simple.  They've made it super easy.  The z10 talks to iCloud seamlessly and syncs all email, contact, and calendars automatically.  Here's the link straight from BlackBerry.

http://us.blackberry.com/content/dam/blackBerry/pdf/howTo/Switching_from_an_iPhone_to_a_BlackBerry_Z...

Regular Contributor
BeverlyL
My Device: Z10

This means that you have to want to use gmail, yahoo or hotmail for your calendar and contacts and not the program sitting open on your desk! May be a workaround but not a great solution. Can the Z10 access icloud?

Regular Contributor
BeverlyL

You can sync using icloud as long as you set up an icloud email account on your BB10.

RonBaker

Hey there, 

I'm a new BB10 user, i tried the obvious method... and it seems to have worked.

In Blackberry Link there's a 'contacts and calendars' sync option. Just tick it and sync, all my contacts in the Mac's address book went into my BB - through the USB cable.

You can copy them to the SIM card in the BB10 contacts settings menu. (something my iphone4 doesn't do...)