Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
amirh1348
My Device: z10
My Carrier: fido

media sync problem with BB LINK

I've down every thing to make the BB LINK sync my media files(pictures,music,videos....) but it did not work.I've a mac and I instaled BB link several times, also I restore my BB z10 a few times then I instal BB LINK on my friends ps which runs WINDOWS 7 but no succses, even I swapped my BB z10 because I tought there is somting wrong with my phone and I got another brandnew phone but still I am not able to sync.can any one help me.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: media sync problem with BB LINK

Hi amirh1348,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Could you please provide some more detail on what happens when you try to synchronize your media files as well as any error messages in full? Could you also please describe what happened when you tried this on a Windows computer?

I look forward to your response.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amirh1348
My Device: z10
My Carrier: fido

Hello there

Syncing from my device to computer and computer to my device is impossible. On my Mac when I try to sync (pictures,music,videos), "preparing to sync " appears takes more than 5 minutes, then "sync complete" pops up but nothing has been synced to my device although in my device tab on BB LINK software shows the synced file. Also on the device tab shows that my devise has "0 free space" but my device has 11.7 GB free storage space in fact I couldn't sync anything except my contacts which took so long to sync. I've never received any error  massages on my Mac at all. On PC almost every thing is the same as on my Mac except a few error massages like "connection error" or when I plug in my device some USB drivers could not be install also the device dose not appear on "my computer " on PC and on  Finder or iPhoto on my  Mac. I like to know if my device has a problem then I still have time to replace my device if not please help me to fix the issues.

Thank you

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Basti1900
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Deutsche Telekom

I have similar behavior on my Mac.

First time my Z10 synched fine with link although Z10 backup failed.

Next day the link software did not show any media files on my Z10 in link at all. I´ve tried it all: reboot, enable WLAN sync etc. 

Sometimes it pretends to show the Z10s content in link but if I transfer files it pretends that it has completed transfer but there was no transfer at all. Neither from the Z10 to the Max nor vice versa. 

Also, if I go in pictures link shows some files from the camera roll but it does not show any preview of them. As said any transfer fails.

Blackberry, what is wrong with your Link software. You better fix that. So far my Z10 experience was good, but this is a real problem. I need to sync music and pictures from my iTunes and iPhoto libraries. Drag and Drop is no option!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Basti1900
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Deutsche Telekom

This is how I got it work for the moment:

Settings Z10 in "storage and access"  (my translation of the German sub menue in settings) tab of settings: USB Automatic detection, enable WIFI

Start Link and connect Z10 with USB cable

Go to Z10 in "storage and access" tab and hit the "Identification in a Network" button. Whait until information got detected (5 sec.).

See how the sevice shows up in Link and wait (don´t look in your Z10 Tab in Link; go brush your teeth or whatsoever.) Return after five minutes..

Surprise: iPhote is open and pictures import from Z10 is in progress.

I also managed to push stuff from my computer tab in Link to the Z10 by selecting media on my computer tab in Link by  right clicking the selected media an pressing "sync to device name"..

Sorry. its late. I have to go to bed.

Guess the secret is the "identification in /on network" was the key.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Masterpage
My Device: Q10 (SQN100-1)
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

[ Edited ]

Hi amirh1348,

Have you managed to find a solution for the problems happened with your Z10? I've got exactly the same scenario with Q10, and I don't know what to do next. Please let me know.

Thanks, Nick

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
poitrasjordan
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Still not working over here. Each time I want to sync I have to re install BlackBerry Link. And even that doesn't guarantee that it will work. Basti1900's tip also did not help.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Masterpage
My Device: Q10 (SQN100-1)
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Clearly, BB has got a huge number of faulty devices out there... I'm gonna talk with Vodafone re this epic fail... Thanks for your responce, and Happy New Year :Balloon:

Please use plain text.
Nizzer
My Device: BBZ10
My Carrier: EE

I had a similar issue.. I am running BB 10 10.2.1 (Beta) with the new version of Blackberry Link 1.2.2.13 -

Everything is being saved to the SD card,

I moved all the image files from the Camera and photo directory to the Desktop including the WhatsAPP folder sitting within Photos.

Placed a file within the Camera and Photo folder..

reset the sync relationship

- the sync started to work

I moved all the image files back to the camera and photo folder and it was still working.

I moved the WhatsAPP folder back within Photo's and it stopped working.

I removed the WhatsAPP folder and it started to work again.

Now as I was getting somewhere - I realised my WhatsAPP folder had more than 300 pictures, I reduced the number down to 10 within the folder - still worked.. Increased the number to 100 - stopped working,brought it to 50 - started working.

Now it seems when it is syncing from sub folders within camera/photo - the limit is 50 or there abouts..

I moved all the pictures I had received via WhatsApp into the root of photos' - still syncing and when ever I plug the phone it updates the desktop

Happy Days!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
morganjrandall
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Fido

I'm having the same sync problem with my BBz10 (OS 10.2.0.429) and my Mac (OS 10.8.5)... is everyone still having this issue? Are there any other possible solutions? 

Please use plain text.