Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: Celcom

"Configure" grayed out in Contacts & Calendar Sync. Not able to click to set up 2-way sync.

Downloaded the latest BB Link which supposedly enabled the 2-way contacts & calendar sync.

However, after downloading (and reinstalling twice), I am still unable to click on "Configure" because it has been grayed out.

PLEASE HELP! I've put up long enough ... first waiting for the Q10 only to find out I can't 2-way sync. Then having to wait for the developers to solve this problem. And now that I've installed, it doesn't work. 2-way syncs are one of the few reasons I decided to stick to BB. Thisis simply ridiculous.

By the way, I'm using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit. Microsoft Outlook 2010 32 bit.

Thanks!!!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: "Configure" grayed out in Contacts & Calendar Sync. Not able to click to set up 2-way sync.

Hi jeyj and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

Are you using a local PST file with Microsoft Outlook or are you configured on a Microsoft Exchange Server or using Microsoft Hotmail Connector?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Re: "Configure" grayed out in Contacts & Calendar Sync. Not able to click to set up 2-way sync.

Hi! Thanks for checking in. I am using a third party email hosting provider. I believe it is a POP3 / SMTP server? So does that mean I'm using local PST file with Outlook? How do I check this for you?

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem - just set up my new Q10, configured my Link settings for Outlook - I am using a local Microsoft Outlook (PST) file on my hard drive.  Help would be appreciated.   -- Okay, after a night's sleep, it magically started working, although now I am getting the error message, "Sync was unsuccessful"

Contributor

My problem turned out to be my virus software - turned it off, removed and re-connected the Q10, it re-installed the driver software, and syncing worked.  I called Blackberry Support at 877-255-2377 and had a wonderfully patient man work with me for 2 hours to figure this out - and told me that my cell service provider should have been my first call to ensure that I would not need to pay for the support, for which I was not charged regardless.  Thank you BB

New Contributor

Still not working for me. I:

• uninstalled the software --> redownloaded the latest (1.1.1.32) --> turned off anti-virus --> disabled internet --> reinstalled software -->turned-on anti-virus --> enabled internet --> connected phone to computer --> signed in to blackberry account --> option is still grayed out.

Any other solutions? Please help! Smiley Sad

Solutions: 6,163
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

jeyj wrote:

Any other solutions? Please help! Smiley Sad

Do you have Outlook on your PC configured, meaning there is a local PST file ON the PC?

Normally, the configure button would be greyed out if the Link software cannot find the Outlook PST file on the PC.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Yes, it's local on my PC. How do I make sure the Link software correctly finds my pst file?
Highlighted
Contributor

I use a pop server, and my Outlook (2007)  is saved as a PST file.  My ultimate problem went away after I Removed my device; turned off my Virus software; reinstalled my device and re-started the virus software.  This was done on the advice of a patient Blackberry Support technician, who tried many things before that.  It may be worth a try.

New Contributor

Thanks! I've done all that (refer to prior posts) and it's still not working. I have just installed the latest version 1.1.1.41 and the options are still grayed out!