Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Maxis

Re: "Configure" grayed out in Contacts & Calendar Sync. Not able to click to set up 2-way sync.

I am using MS Office Outlook 2007 (Part of MS Office Standard 2007). The mail file in my computer is with pst extension. I am not very technical so I can't tell how the contact is stored. Is this version supported? Volume of contacts is over 3000 as indicated on my BB when I restored from my legacy Torch. Since then, any new contacts I added to my Q10 (v 10.2.0.415)do not sync., while videos and pictures do. Configure/settings for Contact Sync are grayed out on BB Link (v 1.2.1.31). Much appreciated.

New Contributor

Re: "Configure" grayed out in Contacts & Calendar Sync. Not able to click to set up 2-way sync.

BTW, I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 2013
Highlighted
Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Stanli wrote:
BTW, I am using Kaspersky Internet Security 2013

Ok, have you turned this off, reboot the PC, again confirm that Kasperky is off (or excepting Link), and tried the configure screen in Link?

Link Software compatibility:

• Windows XP SP3 or later, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8
  • Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 or an active Internet connection
  • iTunes 10.1 or later or Windows Media Player 11 or later for music synchronization
  • Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010 - 32 bit, 2010 - 64 bit, 2013 (BlackBerry Link version 1.0.1 or later)

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: maxis

I have the same problem. I tried out all the suggested steps mention  above and it does not work. can someone please help

New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell

I have the same problem on my Mac using Outlook for Mac 2011 and I also just downloaded and installed the latest Blackberry Link version.  No wonder they are in trouble.

kathmandu wrote:

I have the same problem on my Mac using Outlook for Mac 2011 and I also just downloaded and installed the latest Blackberry Link version.  No wonder they are in trouble.

Please, let's start by scrolling up and answering the questions above.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I can confirm that I use Outlook 2007 and BB Q10 syncs both ways (as noted in an earlier post, I needed to turn off my Trendmicro Internet Security, install, and then it worked for me).

Good deal, glad you got it.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I have tried 3 times so far, each time ensuring that my Karspersky was disabled before and after restrating my computer, but the grayed out under the Calender/Contact was and is still there. Wonder if I should restore the BB Link to factory settings and try again?

My Device: BB Z10

I had the same problem.  Try this: Exit Outlook. Open Blackberry link and configure as you wish, then sync.  This works for me everytime.