Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

My Device: z10
My Carrier: fido

"Invalid Field ID" when syncing Z10 with Outlook (and Link)

I updated my Blackberry Link to take advantage of the Outlook sync feature and found that the calendar sync worked perfectly fine.

When I tried to sync the contacts, it would fail instantly and say that the sync was unsuccessful. I have attached a screenshot of the error.

I know this is still a new feature but was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to overcome this issue. I was able to do the "Import from Outlook" without any problems when I first got my Z10, so I don't understand how it was able to trasnfer the contacts at that time.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10 & PB 64GB
My Carrier: Telus

Re: "Invalid Field ID" when syncing Z10 with Outlook (and Link)

shakberry wrote:

I updated my Blackberry Link to take advantage of the Outlook sync feature and found that the calendar sync worked perfectly fine.

When I tried to sync the contacts, it would fail instantly and say that the sync was unsuccessful. I have attached a screenshot of the error.

I experienced sync errors when I tried to make changes to the sync config.  To make things work I did the following:

1. In BB Link on the Settings screen for the handheld - click Reset settings...  Accept the warnings.
    2. On the BB10 device go to Settings/Account Settings and delete the Link account for your PC.
    3. Back in BB Link, on the Settings screen for the handheld, reconfigure both Contacts and Calendar for your Outlook profile.  Don't change these settings again.
    4. Now press the Sync Contacts/Calendar button in Link.

I've had 100% success syncing both calendar and contacts since.

Hope this helps.

Dwayne A