Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
stefanbechen
My Device: Q10

tunmgr eating up CPU

I am running the latest version of BlackBery Link on Mac OS 10.8.4 and from time to time tunmgr starts and utilize up to 99%.

One user said the problem went away after he signed into BB Link - I did this but the problem came back after a couple of days.

tunmgr is creating spin logs so it seem that it end up in an infinite loop.

The critical part is is that the system starts heating up and the fan goes wild. If you have your Mac unattended for a while, this could cause severe damage.

So BBRY, please look into this immediatly. You might have noticed that this is not the first report about this issue (if you didn't - try G**le :smileywink:)

Please use plain text.
jarechu
My Device: BB Q10

Re: tunmgr eating up CPU

Same issue here, MBA mid-2011 and MacOS 10.8.4, Please, investigate this, it makes BB Link unusable.

Jesus Jareño

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stefanbechen

Anyone @BlackBerry reading this forum? 

Since tunmgr aims to utilize 99-100% of the CPU the system get heated and I presume it is just  a matter of time until it get overheaded.

The fans might not be able to keep the system cooled down enough.

This is especially a problem when you don't notice it - e.g. having your Mac running overnight for a large download or whatever.

So BlackBerry, please start acting NOW!

Thank you,
Stefan

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mrbusdriversir
My Device: z10

I am having the same problem here!!!! I can't beleive why BB makes sync our devices so hard. The BB link application is a monster. it uses all my memory and has crashed my computer a few times. How can we trust BB again??

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
therealmuffin

Same here, though it ran wild on one macbook, the other is seemingly fine (for now). Both run the latest osx version + updates.
Please use plain text.
New Developer
epertinez
My Device: Dev Alpha

This is a critical bug. Does anybody knows if it is being solved? The bug makes you unable to use BlackBerry Link on Mac OSX!! Do they know that? Were should I report the bug or look for direct BB support?

Please use plain text.
DynVision
My Device: Z10

I'm just removing the POS from my macbook Pro!

Please use plain text.
Developer
smilliken
My Device: Z10 & Playbook 64 GB

Yes, very annoying. Drive the heat up and makes the laptop shutdown without a cooling pad..

Hope it is resolved in short order.

Playbook 64 GB
Blackberry Z10
Please use plain text.