Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
bb_j
My Device: Z10

useless blackberry link / z10 combination failure

[ Edited ]

There is no way to control from your phone whether we connect to the computer wirelessly or using usb.

1.  My phone is connected via usb - blackberry link says "no phone connected"

2.  Link syncs music to the phone rather than media card

3.  There is a phantom "photo" album on my phone, cannot browse the full directory structure when connected to usb, can only browse the media card

4.  blackberry link will not recognize my wife's torch 9800 to transfer to her new z10

5.  why does link try to sync gigabytes of documents to the phone, not just the individual folder

6.  link has the "back up" option greyed out on my z10 so  I cannot back up anything

7.  z10 will not go through my d-link usb hub, just fails while everything else will plug in fine and get recognized by my computer

AT&T Z10 (v10.1.0.2019)
Forums Advisor III
RobGambino
My Device: BlackBerry Z30

Re: useless blackberry link / z10 combination failure

have you tried to uninstall the blackberry link ? I had this problem when I first got my phone!

1. Connect the old phone ) to BlackBerry Desktop and make a full backup. Disconnect the phone and close the program.
2. Start BlackBerry Link and connect the Z10. Go through the steps to name the phone.
3. Now do a restore, select "Legacy Device Backup Files" which is where the old phone backup was made.
4. Select the backup you just made.
5. You'll have a much-too-small window you can scroll through and find most of your files.

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!