06-28-2012 10:17 PM
When i tried to activate iOS, after typing the username and activation password, i got redirected to a page on communication module which says "Enroll profile sending error. Pelase, contact your administrator."
Any one has ever encountered this before?
06-28-2012 11:25 PM
i checked the communication log and found error exactly as mentioned in this document
But even though i followed carefully the workaround in the document, i still can't activate any device successfully. and same error logged in the communication log
any help would be much appreciated
07-02-2012 06:45 AM
I'm taking a stab in the dark here but it really just sounds like a certificate issue.
After reading the KB you referenced - "The reported CA certificate can be find by Thumbprint value on the Core module server and has different Thumbprint on the Communication module."
Have you checked that the thumbprints are the same for the two certificates?
I could be wrong, but it sounds like for some reason your certificate is not being installed correctly or the certificate that you requested is not correct for some reason?
07-02-2012 09:07 PM
i'm very puzzled about what caused it too ... but i have followed the steps in the KB and checked that the RIM UDS CA Certificate on Communication module and Core module are having the same thumbprint already.
07-03-2012 03:48 AM
Have you tried the resolution listed in KB31537?
In other words, have you installed a correct APN Certificate?
07-03-2012 04:33 AM
Yes, i applied an new APN. In the UDS, the status of APN is "installed". The .pfx certificate was installed under "Personal" store in the core module server. Also granted "authenticated user" the "read" permission.
Please let me know if i'm missing anything else.
09-06-2012 12:20 PM
Airok... any luck with this problem?
I am experiencing the same problem. My APN appears to be fine... I am running all of the UDS pieces on the same server, so KB31093 does not apply to me.
Also looked at KB31352 and KB31152, but neither of them apply either.
I have submitted a ticket to RIM, so if you haven't had any luck, hopefully they will be able to help me.
09-10-2012 10:05 PM
i was using a certificate generated by our internal CA that time , and i couldn't figure out what's the problem at all...
at the end i used a Verisign SSL certificate and everything worked
09-18-2012 12:17 PM
My issue was caused by my "Wild Card" SSL from GoDaddy.
The configuration process of the UDS install, did not like my SSL and could not reconcile the domain name I was using with the SSL, so it did not set up the IIS configuraiton correctly, and it also did something very funky...
When the SSL is imported, during the configuration process of the UDS install, the "Thumbprint" associated with the SSL is written to the database. For some reason, it used the "Thumbprint" of the "Intermediate" certificate instead.
In order to resolve the issue, I had to manually change this value in the database... which is not recommended or supported... but it did work.
When I build my production environment, I will buy a new SSL that is specific to my UDS web site.