Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
TheOnyxGuy
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

4.5.0.77 Missing Applications

I'm with Telus and I downloaded the new 4.5 that was available to us on Blackberry's site using the application loader. I first tried installing it 5x on my computer where each time it gave a fatal error and on the handset it had a no ap symbol with 507 under it.  Called Telus and they don't support it.  My brother took the phone and installed it using his computer. 

The issue I'm focused on currently is the missing apps on my screen such as BBMaps, BBMessenger, Brick Breaker, and Password Vault.  That's all I noticed at the moment, oh yeah Docs to Go I can't see either.  On my computer I use DM 4.2 as per the system requirements on the BB site because I use Outlook 2000.I open it up and I don't see any applications to load.  Any help on getting these up and running would be appreciated.

Thanks,

TOG

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: 4.5.0.77 Missing Applications

These apps could be checked out from the list during installation process.

Try to reinstall the OS.

Backup your sensitive data via Blackberry Desktop Manager.

Use JL_Cmder utility to wipe your device memory.

After wipe - download the RIM OS here

New Contributor
TheOnyxGuy
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks, I appreciate the JL_Cmder.  I reinstalled using blackberry.com/upgrades and then I saw where there was a whole bunch of stuff unchecked in the settings.  Any idea how to get excel in docs to go?

Thanks for the help much appreciated.

TOG

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Go to the developer's web-site and download the necessary software: http://www.dataviz.com/downloads/index.html