Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

50462720 FREE in memory yet CALL LOGS STILL DELETE!

I have only had this phone for about a week - I have checked every setting as per this website, I have moved all pics and media to a card and deleted all but 1 email, plus I deleted the languages etc....and still, my call logs delete - either randomly during the day (I may have up to 10 calls logged then they disappear) or they just won't be saved at all for a whole day. then, this morning, I woke up with my phone saying I had 7 missed calls - the phone never rang (its next to my head and on loud :smileyhappy:) and when I went to view the missed calls, there were none - so frustrating!

so BESIDES the memory issue (I am assuming having 50462720 free file is enough to keep my call logs for a day at least?) what else could be the problem? I am able to return this and get another one if I need to but not if i'm going to experience the same problem. help!!

thanks a ton! Legare

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: 50462720 FREE in memory yet CALL LOGS STILL DELETE!

Which device do you have? Also, which operating system are you using? That is an awful lot of free memory to have on the device. The most I have ever had on my Pearl 8100 was 41MB after a hard reset. To have 50MB free seems a little high.
New Contributor

Hi!

I am using the pearl- i have only had it about a week and i have a 2gb card - when i go to options, status, it says file free 13536330 (i must have misread it earlier) - is this where i am supposed to be looking? i am a newby so i'm not really sure about my operating system - if you tell me what to look for i'm sure i can tell you.

thanks for your help!

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

JeremyKitching wrote:

OK, 13MB sounds more like it. Check the following links below for maximizing memory on the device:

http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_free_up_memory_on_my_device%3F

http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Why_is_my_BlackBerry_losing_its_call_logs_or_message_logs%3F

Ok, I've cleaned out all the unused languages and the memory cache... It worked for approx 2 weeks and then this morning with only 3 (new) emails and one text messages in my inbox it wiped my call list and sms text message!! I wiped everything again this morning.   How much free memory do i need to have in order to prevent this from happening??????