Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
JC2312
My Device: Not Specified

8110 Cannot install E-mail setting

The e-mail setting option on my Black Berry only has " Blackberry Enterprise Server" that I cannot find the other general e-mail settings.  Actually I am not Enterprise Server user.   Probably, I carelessly downloaded and installed this wrong version.   I tried to do "wipe handheld "  to re-install  and use "application loader" to re-load the software.  But it failed to re-install  e-mail software .  How do I get general  the e-mail software  back ?   

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,953
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: 8110 Cannot install E-mail setting

Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan enabled on your account with your carrier or mobile provider?

You must, in order to get the RIM push email functions you are looking for, as well as addtional BlackBerry data services such as the internet browser, Facebook for BlackBerry, BlackBerry Messenger, and much more.

So, call your carrier an inquire about having the BlackBerry Data Plan added to your account.

If you are certain you have the BIS Data Plan already, do this:

On your BlackBerry device, go to:

1. Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register.

2. Resend your service books from your carrier BIS site:
From your handheld device:   http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15402

Go to the Personal Email Set Up icon and log in. Then under Help!, select Service Books, then select Send service Books.

From your desktop PC:  http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830
North American Carriers - scroll down to select your carrier
WorldWide Carriers - Find your carrier on the list

3. With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot. This reboot, even if you have already done this, is often needed to install the service books.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JC2312
My Device: Not Specified

Hi Sanders,

Tks a lot your help.    When I installed Black Berry DesKtop Manager, I already made the registeration at RIM.

I got  some applications from the Application Loader, such as .... Language & Input support, BB Map, BB Messanger, ....

but the Email Setup Applications appeared in "Grey"  color.   Obviously,  I could not upload the Email Setup  to my 8110.   

Therefore on my 8110, it showed the Setup Wizard on which the email setup is only "Black Berry Enterprise Server" not same as e-mail as KB15402 shown.

I also tried to do the followng  at my 8110 , but  it appeared as below and  I could not find "Menu"

" 1. Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table",   then it showed " No entries "  and I did " Register Now" . It appeared "Registration message sent, OK "   I pressed OK.   Finally nothing comes back.

Kindly tell me what I should do.

Tks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

From everything you describe, it sounds as if you do not have an adequate plan from your carrier to enable your use of their Blackberry Internet Service. You should determine exactly the services you desire (e.g., push email, internet browsing, 3rd party app internet access, etc.) and then contact your carrier for assistance. Most likely you will need to upgrade your plan from them (at whatever fee they charge) to enable the enhanced Blackberry services...most likely you need The Blackberry Data Plan as generic data plans are usually not sufficient to enable the enhanced BB services.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.