Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

8110 Key problems

Having problems with a 8110. Some keys are not working. The Escape key does not work to go back or close. The menu key does not work and at times will type a W. Is there a way to reset the keyboard?

Thanks

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: 8110 Key problems

Try Pulling the Battery out without turning the phone OFF.

Make sure its not connected to anything (cable, charger), Make sure its turned ON, then pull battery out.

OR

It sounds like a software fault. Even more so if nothing is behind the buttons to cause them getting stuck.

You need to download the latest version for your device from the carrier the phone was sold with.

Save the folder to your desktop, double click it to install it your computer. (can take 40 mins to download)

Then you connect up the blackberry and using the program called application loader,(which is built into the desktop manager program that came on the cd) push the new software to the device. Ensure when you see an 'advanced' box, you click into it, to check both check boxes to remove all current installed software.

Here is a list of software carrier sites:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/do ... _sites.jsp

And Also

Use BlackBerry Application Loader to install BlackBerry Device Software

Good Luck and let us know how you go..

9/10 times this is a software fault.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
My Device: pearl 8110

ok so here is my problem my keys are not doing what they are supposed to do . I can't make calls because the talk button does something else and the menu button does something else. The end button works and does what it supposed to but the menu , call, the roller, and the back button do other things.i didn't get it wet I didn't drop it. I have had it for about 2 weeks. please help me

Solutions: 6,094
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

It sounds like what I have seen multiple times on a device with moisture damage.

EVEN if you say it didn't get wet...

Even sitting on a bathroom counter during a hot steamy shower or bath can cause keyboard and trackball problems UNTIL properly dried out.

It really is more common than you think.

1. Remove the battery immediately!! Do not attempt to turn on your BlackBerry.

2. Let the device dry in a warm, dry place for 3 to 5 days* (see below)

3. DO NOT "check it each day" by placing the battery in. Leave it be to dry completely. This takes time. Replacing the battery to check it can only damage it more (moisture + electrical current = disaster).

3. If the device is warm after the drying period, allow it to cool to room temperature before placing the battery back in.

*Suggestions on drying your BlackBerry in a warm place (open, with the battery out):

• Place the BB in a container of dry UNcooked rice, and then you might also place it in any of the locations mentioned below.

• On top of any dry heat emitting electronic component: TV cabinet or CRT, LCD, cable TV/Satellite converter box or plasma monitor

• On the dashboard of your car on a sunny day

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: 8110

same problem for me i have tryed updating new version Os but the same problem repeates plz some one help...

Read the post just above your own... it's likely a moisture issue.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: 8110

Dear J Sanders

i had dismantled my phone & yes i had placed my phone motherboard for 6days in sun and yesterday in have on my BB Smartphone but same problem now... is there any other menthod to solve it... plz help me in this regards...

waiting for your reply...

Place the BB in a container of dry UNcooked rice, and then you might also place it in any of the locations mentioned below.

Knowledge Base Updates