Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

8110 shutting off, dropping calls, restarting with "media card removed" error message

we have a brand new AT&T red pearl 8110, OS v4.5. We have not loaded any applications on the phone, and we do not have a media card installed. Several times now the phone just shuts off, then restarts itself. this even happens during the middle of a phone call. It is my wifes phone so i cannot give any more specifics, but she says she has noted now that it says something like "media card removed" right before it shuts off, then the white screen comes with the hourglass of death, then it verifies security settings and is back to "normal". Any ideas? I am within the 30 day window ot return, but figure this must be a fixable problem (or am hoping so). Thanks!

Visitor

Re: 8110 shutting off, dropping calls, restarting with "media card removed" error message

My BB pearl started by doing the same thing. For the past month or so it has randomly been doing this. Today it has been shutting down then rebooting and 10 seconds after it reboots it does it again. I had to call T mobile and they are sending out a replacement. I cant even retrieve my contacts.

Re: 8110 shutting off, dropping calls, restarting with "media card removed" error message

Mine is doing the same thing, has anyone got any fixes as carphone warehouse want to take it away for a month to try and fix it.
Highlighted
My Device: Pearl
My Carrier: ATT

Same error here.  I sent the phone back a couple days after receiving it and the replacement does the same thing...right out of the box.  Would like to fix this one so I don't have to wait and re-init a phone just to have it not work again.  Anyone have any help?