Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

KameronC
My Device: Not Specified

8120 receiving emails but unable to send

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

I've got a Pearl 8120, that is able to receive emails, but unable to send any out. I'm connected through my BIS, and haven't connected to BES before. Last night as I was syncing some music onto my blackberry, something popped up, prompting me to enter in my password for the phone. So I did, afterwards, it said "wiping" and wiped my phone entirely. I setup everything else, but still having problems with sending email. Any ideas as to what I could do?

Message Edited by KameronC on 07-21-2009 08:14 PM
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: 8120 receiving emails but unable to send

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

It sounds like you entered your password incorrectly too many times -- at which point BB's indeed wipe themselves clean. It sounds as if you just need to re-push your BIS service books...here are the instructions:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02830

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Retired
thundergeek
My Device: BlackBerry 9700

Hello KameronC and welcome to the forums!

In this case you most likely lost your service books for your email accounts on the device.  To get them back you can use a couple of different methods.  You can send the service books from your device by finding the icon intended for you to edit your internet email options. The name of this icon varies widely from carrier to carrier but should be something like "Set up Internet Email" or "Personal email settings".  After you log in to this you should see a an option to send your service books.

The second way to do this is to use your favorite search engine on your computer to search for "BlackBerry Internet Service xxxxx" where xxxxx is your carrier's name.  Once at your carrier's BlackBerry Internet Service portal you can log in and then click Service Books on the left and then click the "Send Service Books" button.

As long as you have a good data signal, you should receive your service books and be able to send email after this is complete. 

-tg

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Retired
thundergeek
My Device: BlackBerry 9700

[ Edited ]

sdgardne wrote:

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

It sounds like you entered your password incorrectly too many times -- at which point BB's indeed wipe themselves clean. It sounds as if you just need to re-push your BIS service books...here are the instructions:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02830

Looks like I was too slow   :smileywink:
Thanks sdgardne  :smileyhappy: 

Message Edited by thundergeek on 07-24-2009 04:02 PM

-tg

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.