Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
familymac
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

8130 Calendar sync problems with Outlook 2007

I have Sprint 8130...and all is okay...until today.  I am used to Active sync (from my old HTC Mogul), not RIM software.  When I sync'd a week ago, the first time, all was great (accept for the confusion I still have about where the inet explorer favorites went).  Today, I plugged in for the second time.  All seemed great, except that now most of my calendar items are no longer in Outlook.  They are still in my Pearl, though.

I have tried to sync the other way, but to no avail.  Ideas?

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: 8130 Calendar sync problems with Outlook 2007

Install and use the Blackberry Desktop Manager that came on a cd with the device..
***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
familymac

I did/I am.  It worked when I installed it last week.  Today, when trying to sync for the second time, it seemed to work, until I tried to look at my calendar in Outlook.  All but the holidays were gone.  I thought they all were lost, but they were in my Pearl.  I am using the updated software that came on the cd.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Go to www.blackberry.com/btsc and search for the issue you're having. Your answer will be there,

Sorry i can't do it for u, Im pressed for time.

Also search the forums and look in crackberry.com

If you are doing it correctly, make the sync from device to outlook only (not both ways) and for calendar only.

Connect device, go to sync icon on Desktop manager> The from the syncronization tab, go to the configure tab.

Press configure sync. It will give you check boxes of what will be synced and what way (determined by the arrows)

You can also press advanced in this section and get more into the nitty gritty... hope that helps..

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
familymac

So, that did not work, and I ended up on a differnt board where I found the answer....it is a known software glitch with DM since 12/07.  It happens when you have multiple email addresses set up on your phone.  It can work fine for weeks/months, then one day it just happens.  It can happens no matter who your provider is.  RIM still has not fixed the sofware issue (unless the Altel .81 fixed it...).  It results from having 'multiple calendars' and only one syncing back to Outlook.  The only way to fix the issue was the following:

a) Make certain Outlook is COMPLETELY up to date. Manually enter any calendar items on the BB which have not been synced over to Outlook.

b) On your BB, look at Calendar > Options > and you will see the different calendars available. Go back to the main calendar page and and press Menu, and you can view the calendars for each email profile. Decide which email profile you want your calendar entries to reside under, and which is your primary email address for this.

c) Go to Options > Advanced > Service Books. Highlight over AND delete the entries for ALL other email addresses other than your PRIMARY email address.

d) Go to Options > Advanced > Default Services, and make sure ONLY the one primary email you desire is listed there.

e) Now, connect your BB to your PC via USB, and open Desktop Manager.

f) Now, with your Outlook completely updated manually, do this:
1. Connect your BB via USB to your PC, and Open Desktop Manager on your PC.
2. Open up Backup/Restore > Advanced.
3. From Advanced you'll see a split pane screen. You won't see anything in the left pane. In the right pane will be the databases currently on your handheld device.
4. Highlight on the right side your Address Book database (OR your Calendar database) and click the CLEAR button at the bottom of that screen.
5. After it's finished, close the Backup/Restore window, and check the device to make sure the address book (or Calendar) has properly cleared out.
6. Now, re-sync the necessary contact (or Calendar information) from Outlook (or your database) and you should be set to go.

g) With all that completed, and your calendar appearing in BB... remove the battery on your BB (powered ON) and reboot the BB. This should resend the Service Books for the other email addresses you had deleted earlier. If you find after an hour they are not back, resend the service books from your carrier BIS site.

h) return to Options > Advanced > Default Services and make sure your primary email is still the default email. You want to leave your primary showing in the screen, and save.

I hope this might help some other people.  THere is talk about all Calendar syncing issues eing related to this issue (except obvious user issues like not syncing all appointments).

Thanks for you time yesterday.

Please use plain text.
lrandres

I have had a maddening problem with my new 8130 that this seems to describe.  Synch worked just fine on my former Blackberry, but when I synced my 8130, it suddenly wanted to erase 798 calendar entries in Outlook.  I have 3 email accounts - two gmail and one AOL - that I view on my Blackberry.  So I followed these instructions and... problem fixed!  Hurrah!

Unfortunately, once the two service books that I erased were resent to my BB, the problem reoccurred.  Now it only wants to erase 756 entries on my Outlook.  Go figure.  My solution is to only have my primary gmail account sent to the Blackberry - I value keeping my calendar up to date more than I value looking at the other two email accounts when I am on the go.

It is frustrating to get new technology that takes a giant step backward in functionality.  Hopefully RIM will fix this problem sometime soon.  But thanks for your help in getting my calendar usable again. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sarena

I only have one e-mail address and this is still happening to me.  I followed the detailed instructions above and it worked.  But today when I went to sync again, I am back to it wanting to delete over 600 items in Outlook again.  How do I make it stick?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
interdezinr

My blackberry pearl 8130 won’t sync to my outlook calendar.The address book sync works fine.Where/how do I get an answer to this question.This was the main reason I bought a blackberry, I shouldn’t have to pay to find out why it doesn’t work.Please help or direct me to someone who can thanks
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
interdezinr

HELP i need this fixed My blackberry pearl 8130 won’t sync to my outlook calendar.The address book sync works fine.Where/how do I get an answer to this question.This was the main reason I bought a blackberry, I shouldn’t have to pay to find out why it doesn’t work.Please help or direct me to someone who can thankyou very much
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
billw

I have over 400 entries in one of my calendars.  Is there anyway to do this without manually entering them into Outlook?
Please use plain text.