Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
my9320
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9320

8130 could send a text mesage to Email using NO DATA ?

Hi All

I recently lost my old 8130 Pearl. Bought a 9320 to replace it only to find that the this new phone will not send an "text" message as an email using No Data !   Small detail.. I know,  but very  convenient.  That phone was on the most basic voice & text plan with no data. How come the 8130 could send a text message to  a email  using no data?  and what is this feature called.  Is there another Blackberry phone that have this capability?

Thank you

my9320

Retired
Goose947
My Device: Q10/9900/9790

Re: 8130 could send a text mesage to Email using NO DATA ?

Hello my9320

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

In order to send an SMS message to an Email address please follow the below steps found in www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB26662

BlackBerry® Smartphone users can send SMS messages to some email address depending upon the Wireless service provider.

1. Open BlackBerry Text Messages.

2. Press the Menu key and click Compose Text Message.

3. Type the recepient’s email address and Type the message.

Note: As the user type, the number of characters has been typed appears in the upper right corner of the screen. SMS messages are limited to 160 characters.

4. Press the Menu key and click Send.

Please contact the wireless provider for resolvable email address regarding sending SMS to email address.

Goose947

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!