Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
Baldy1957
My Device: US Cellular 8130
My Carrier: None

8130 media info

I have an 8130 Blackberry Pearl, and choose at this time to use it only for photos on my job. I have attempted to download the software to my PC to enable me to bring the photos to my PC. Running Windows 7 Home edition. I keep getting a message that the Blackberry OS isn't compatible with a Windows 32 bit Operating System. I then attempted to download the software to the Windows x86(?), , same message. Is there a fix, such as upgrading the OS on the Blackberry, first? The computer fails to even recognize the phone, so I don't know if that would even be possible. The phone was free, so I'm not out anything if it can't be used, but any assistance would be appreciated.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: 8130 media info

Hi Baldy1957 and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

Make sure you are downloading the BlackBerry Desktop Software by going to www.blackberry.com/desktop. It sounds like you may be installing the wrong software on your computer.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Baldy1957
My Device: US Cellular 8130
My Carrier: None

I've downloaded the software. When I plug in my 8130 to a USB port, I get a message to the extent that the "usb charging current is not sufficient....." When I go to my Control Panel, the software (RIM device) shows on my control panel, but when I attempt to view files on the RIM device (Blackberry), the option is not darkened on the right click option of viewing files on the device. I'm about to throw the 8130 out the window!!! I like the Blackberry, but have a separate phone of long duration so want to use the Blackberry only for the camera.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hello!

Here is a KB that discusses that error:

• KB10938 "USB charging current is insufficient" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.