Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

jdbussone
My Device: Pearl Flip 8220

Re: 8220 - Bluetooth will not enable

Same problem.  Outside warranty too.  Have tried everything.  

Visitor
VOYAGEUR152
My Device: Pearl 8220 Smartphone

[ Edited ]

Hi,

In response to your comments on Blackberry Support Forum, I am contacting you.

The bluetooth hardware on my Blackberry 8220 is also defective, and cannot be repaired by the designated Roger’s repair service for my area.  The Roger’s contract on this phone expires in June 2012.

The Highway Traffic Act in Ontario, Canada was recently amended, and it is now illegal to text or chat on a  handheld device while driving a motor vehicle.  The fine for violating this law is $155.00.

The Blackberry support forum, acknowledges the fact there is a problem with the Bluetooth hardware on this particular phone.

Any suggestions as to where I may be able do get a replacement smartphone at a reasonable price, or some remedy based on your own experience regarding this matter?

Regards,

John

E-mail: xxxxxxxx

EDIT: Personal Information such as e-mail is prohibited for your security. Please review User Guidelines  under section "Be careful."

Visitor
Shake
My Device: blackberry pearl flip 8220

THIS IS SO SICK; IF I HAVE READ ONE POST I'VE READ A THOUSAND, ABOUT BLACKBERRYS JUST DROPPING BLUETOOTHS!

IF MY COMPANY HAD THIS MANY PROBLEMS SINCE 2008 THROUGH 2011, IT WOULD BE ALL OVER THE 6 OCLOCK NEWS!

I THINK THEY HAVE AND KNOW THEY HAVE A VERY BIG PROBLEM AND ARE TRYING TO GET OUT OF THIS PROBLEM WITH AS LITTLE OUT OF POCKET COST TO THEM AS POSSIABLE, LEAVING A WHOLE LOT OF CUSTOMERS HANGING OR I SHOULD SAY DIGGING INTO THIER ON POCKETS FOR BLACKBERRYS MISTAKE!

MAYBE IT'S TIME SOME ONE SHOULD THINK ABOUT CLASS ACTION TO GET THE CUSTOMERS THE RIGHT KIND OF HELP!

I MEAN GEZZ, THEY BEEN TELLING CUSTOMERS IT IS A HARDWARE PROBLEM AND TO BUY A NEW PHONE SINCE 2008. THATS THREE YEARS OF SONG AND DANCE AT THE CUSTOMERS EXPENCE!

Jennpayne
My Device: Pearl Flip

I've recently had the same problem. I left for holidays only to realize that suddenly my bluetooth will not enable on my pearl flip. I'm just outside of my carrier's warranty, which sucks, and I have not yet been home to check to see if RIM has a warranty on the device. I've been almost two weeks trying to enable the bluetooth and getting the same results as described in the original post. Suddenly this morning when I tried, it worked! It will enable and connect to wireless devices via bluetooth. I did nothing except keep trying to enable it. I did take the battery out a couple times to reboot it, but that was days ago. I woke up this morning and tried it and it worked, needless to say I will never disable it or turn off the phone again!

jerungliar
My Device: flip 8220

hi there .. i also got the same problem.. until now i still can not on my bluetooth .. does any know how to fix it or and sulotion .. what should i do .. really need hepl on this case

New Contributor
Rick20K
My Device: Bold 9650

I had the same problem with my 9650 and I seem to have fixed it (for me at least). I removed the battery and the SD card (16 gb SDHC). I re-installed the battery but NOT the SD card. I allowed the BB to start and the Bluetooth enabled on it's own. BT has been working ever since. I reinstalled the SD card without a battery pull and now it all works together.