Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

My Device: pearl 8220 flip phone

Re: 8220 - Bluetooth will not enable

I got the same problem. Nothing seems to help. :smileysad:

Good luck,

George

Please use plain text.
Contributor
johnspence
My Device: Not Specified

If my 8220 was a Toyota or a Chevy, it would be recalled and repaired without cost. We poor BB users must find out the defect ourselves. This is my last BB.

Please use plain text.
casaports
My Device: Pearl Flip 8220 v4.6.0.305

Me too, this is the second Pearl Flip I have had and the Bluetooth has stopped working on both.  I have been reading these posts and it seems this problem has been known about for around a year and still not resolved by Blackberry.  That's poor customer service in my view.  I don't really want to change my phone again as it's a pain doing that all the time so I will stick it out untill August when my contract is up and get something else - it certainly won't be another Blackberry which is a shame cos I actually like the Pearl.

Sue

Please use plain text.
bb345
My Device: Flip pearl 8220

Hey folks,

My wife has the exact same phone, exact same problem and like you has gotten nowhere with tech support.  Unfortunately, I cannot help with this problem either, but I can tell you that after 2 years, she's now finally convinced to get an iPhone.  Mine is 2 years old, bluetooth, along with the other functions, still work fine and tech support is awesome.  I'm not really an Apple fan, but this iPhone is something else.  Maybe it's time to switch and try a real SMART phone (well it's actually much more than that).  Cheers.

Please use plain text.
kgh9555
My Device: 8220 flip

This the 4th phone I have.  Blackberry sent me one after going through 3 of them in 2 years.  You would think that they would rexolved this issue.  You sent it back and they fix it which menas they know whatthe issue.  Spent a lot of money for this phone, maybe it is time for us all to file a class action law suit.  Maybe that would get them moving!  This is terrible.  I don;t have the money to purchase a new phone.  I use the blue tooth while driving becasue we can hold a phone to our ear or you are subject to ticket.

Come RIM, get on the ball or it cost you millons of dollars to defend soemthing like this.  There are enough lawyers out there who would jump at this.  You are forcing us to buy another phone which is possible racateiring

Please use plain text.
charlest678
My Device: blackberry 8220

i purchase my blackberry 8220 11/2009  and in may 3,2010 the bluetooth will not enable and i read all these problems with bluetooth. i love the phone and why rim will not create a fix or replace the mother board. its a great phone  but i need the bluetooth

Please use plain text.
Ironside48
My Device: Blackkberry Pearl Flip 8220

Wow I actually got my Bluetooth working on my 8220:

I created a restore and restore my phone (didn't work)

Directly after the restore I pulled he battery while the phone was on, as soon as the red light went off I held the off button. The phone booted and turned off.

I turned my phone back on and hey presto, after two weeks of trying I had my Bluetooth back.

Thanks for all the posts, I'm sure they helped.

Good luck all!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
slmberry
My Device: Torch

I'm so frustrated with this issue. Rogers sent me a replacement phone just over 3 months ago and my bluetooth also stopped working on the replacement too.

For some reason my replacement only had a 3 month warranty, which I'm now just outside of and the only option I have is to fix the phone at my own cost or wait until December to upgrade my hardware. At this point all I've asked them to do is bump up my hardware upgrade time by 2 months so I can at least get myself another phone and they won't even do that.

I really want to stay with both RIM and Rogers; but currently very dissapointed with both and don't know if I'm ready to shell out almost $200 for the Torch like I had planned to.

Please use plain text.
JDFury
My Device: Pearl 8220

Re: 8220 - Bluetooth will not enable either

Have had the 8220 since it first came out. Same problem with Bluetooth from the beginning. Tried all of these tricks to no avail. 5 replacements over the years. Same problem set after set. Now I'm stuck with it cause warranty is up. Sigh..... Will make me think twice about  buying any more RIM products.

Wherever you go, there you are
Please use plain text.
paflick2
My Device: Pearl Flip 8220

Re: 8220 - Bluetooth will not enable either

I have the same problem and I am on my 3rd replacement phone. Fortunately I still have time on the warranty which was extended. 

However, I found this web page in Blackberry's Tech support addressing the problem. There are  a couple things to try that may work, (especially cause #2) so I will try them before calling for yet another phone. Hope this may help.

Article ID: KB18989

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB18989

Please use plain text.