Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Contributor
bigbain
My Device: BLACKBERRY FLIP 8220, 8900, storm
My Carrier: Tmobile

Re: 8220 - Bluetooth will not enable

I dont mean an additional hardware device like headphones for the radio.

I mean, the actuall internal peice of hardware thats in side the phone.

There is a chip or a curcuit board inside the phone that is used inorder to have bluetooth on your phone. 

That is the part that I am referring to.

Sorry for the confusion.

Big Bain
Please use plain text.
SupaBlackB
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for this thread...this definitely came in handy. one of the execs at my job is having the exact same issue, even tho its with a Bold, and he came to me, since i'm the IT dude here, and i was racking my brain trying to figure how to resolve this, and i also tried to get BB tech support # to no avail, and i spoke to AT&T tech support, but they were of no help. Thanks once again....
Please use plain text.
Contributor
bigbain
My Device: BLACKBERRY FLIP 8220, 8900, storm
My Carrier: Tmobile

Thats what we here for to help each other out man!
Big Bain
Please use plain text.
fbayo

hello im new in this site but im suffering the same problem , but once i opened google maps and i selected gps bluetooth and my blackberry asked me if i wanted to activate blutooth and i selcted yes and sudenly blutooth activated and worked perfect , but then when i turned off my blackberry the blutooth did not activated any more. hope it helped you 

PD sorry for my bad english im from chile 

Please use plain text.
harleyman3375

This is my second BBflip I like the phone but my first one just started one day rebooting every few minutes. Today 10/01/09 it started doing the exact thing described in the post about the bluetooth would not enable. I called Tmobile Tech Support and they told me to do the same thing as said in other posts, Take the battery out while the phone is powered up and bring it back to factory settings. The guy sounded like he had never heard of this happening. I am going to get this phone replaced 1 more time and hopefully the 3rd times a charm lol. but I am glad I found this post ecouse now I wont waste time with other steps so thank all who have had this problem for saving me time.

Jimmy

Please use plain text.
TripleB91

I had the same issue and tried multiple OS re-imaging with no luck.  Mine was apparentlly also a hardware issue.  Got my new Flip and everything works fine again.

Please use plain text.
babar

[ Edited ]

hello i use same blacbkerry 8220 and i have same problem.so please tell me the solution on my yahoo email [ removed personal information] request you to tell me the sloution.me waiting for your reply

THANKS

Please use plain text.
ctgo4it

I have the same problem. Today, in the middle of a call, the bluetooth shut off, and it won't let me enable again. I tried upgrading the software (to v4.6.0.305) and still nothing.

The problem is, I have an unlocked flip with AT&T and I'm not sure who i can call for help with this. I believe there is a warranty from RIM, but the only way for me to contact them is through AT&T. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
vr6
vr6

I have exactly the same problem with the Bluetooth not enabling also bought the device SIM free, searched the RIM site for any contact info for a warranty case but cannot seem to find any details. If anyone knows of a way that we are able to get support for the standard manufacturers warranty that would be great.

thanks

matt 

Please use plain text.
salshore

I just solved the problem on my phone.  I had the same issue.  Take the battery out while the phone is ON.

It creates a different kind of reset.  I tried it after updating firmware, removing the battery after turning the phone off and more and nothing worked.  I was about to give up when I read that removing the battery with the phone on did something different.

I also have an unlocked phone on AT&T so going back to T-Mobile wasn't an option.

Please use plain text.