Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Visitor
EduardoB
My Device: Pearl Flip 8220

Re: 8220 - Bluetooth will not enable

Ok, that trick is good. With this new kind of reset the bluetooth icon shows again and looks like active but its doesnt connect to any other bluetooth dispositive (the light doesnt shows either).

Have any solution for that?

derwood
My Device: Pearl Flip 8220

This is my problem exactly.

At first, the Blutooth feature would just disconnect itself, usally at the greatest time of need, like just after worrk when I need to use my headset driving! A simple re-boot by removing the battery would work.

However that just isn't the case now, I've tried rebooting countless times, updating, ect ect ect.....and yet I just can't get the Bluetooth to enable at all....very frustrating considering my girlfriend's works fine without having a "smart" phone at all....

I guess if I need to replace the phone I'll need to go to the original store where I bought it?

heavengoloo
My Device: 8900

RIM should recall this device. There is definately bluetooth hardware issues with this phone.

I'm having the same problem on ROGERS network.

mjrinc
My Device: Blackberry Pearl Flip 8230

8230 Pearl Flip

I have to agree with everyone on this topic I have done it all as mentioned on this forum!  And because I did not agree to the monthly insurance fee from my provider I will have to pay for a rental phone and wait 6 weeks for my phone to be repaired.  Grrrrrrrrrrrr this is my business phone I will be sure to pass onto my customers I see daily the troubles I have had with my current carrier and the lack of stupid support I got with this phone.  I used to like this phone but with the new laws in place in my area as of Jan 1 2010 I have to have a handsfree device for my vehicle.  Guess what the device works great if only I could get my bluetooth to work on my phone. 

Let you know in 6 weeks the outcome......

kudos

mjr

New Contributor
welshman
My Device: 8220 Flip

Re: 8230 Pearl Flip

Same problem with my 8220.  Went through all the rigmarole including a software update and the hard reset.  No effect.

Orange are my provider and they've authorised a replacement.

Contributor
watches
My Device: Not Specified

Re: 8230 Pearl Flip

If you are getting a replacement tell them to fully check it before they send it out. This re-manuactured stuff is bad right out of the box. You will pobably be getting the Lemons I sent back because I surely got someone elses garbage. Happy New Year rim! nice to see you made record profits in the billions. You will never get another penny from me or my friends. $400 for a Lemon is my stupidity for not checking them out first.

illusional
My Device: Not Specified

I have tried this way on my 8220, but it doesn't work.

:smileysad:

BKZ
BKZ
My Device: 8220

Well seems like I'm one of many with this exact problem.  We've had the 8220 for a little over a year and haven't used the bluetooth much, but just got a new car and have found bluetooth won't enable.  We are with t-mobile.  Anyone had luck in getting a replacement phone from t-mobile after one year?

BKZ
BKZ
My Device: 8220

We have had the 8220 for 13 months now and only used the bluetooth early on, but haven't used it for at least 9 months.  Just got a new car and tried it with the car's audio system and can't get it to enable.  This seems to be a very common problem.  Seems suspicious that they don't offer the 8220 anymore on their website, but still offer the 8120.  Tells me they know this phone is defective.

My family has been a t-mobile customer for over 3 years now so I will see what they will do for us.  not optimistic. 

nicolemw
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 8220 Flip

I purchased a GSM unlocked Pearl 8220 Flip.  I am having this same issue and can't really take it back to the carrier because I live overseas.  Any other suggestions?