Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Contributor
Scottcarterwals
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8900

8220 (FLIP)

Hi all-

I just ordered the flip from T-Mobile because of the software upgrade problem with the curve from 4.2.2 to 4.5 (the audio is extremely low after you upgrade and there doesn't seem to be a work around it).  They told me I would not be able to revert back to 4.2.2 because they no longer carried the version on their site after updating it to 4.5.  The only other way would be for me to find it online somewhere and that's kinda risky...I don't want to obtain the software from an unknown source and it possibly damaging my phone.  So T-Mobile let me get the flip for free because of the problem.  A few things I wanted to know real quick...

#1.  They told me the OS version that comes with the phone is a 4.6 version.  Is anyone having an issue with their ringers not being loud or is everything ok with them?  I know when I upgraded my curve from 4.2.2 to 4.5 the volume setting on high sounded like it did when it was set on low when I was running 4.2.2, you can hardly hear it ring.  So I wanted to ask anyone who has the phone if the ringtone levels are high or if they are low?

#2.  As far as themes go, this phone doesn't come with a "icon theme" where all the icons that you use are displayed on the screen.  Are there themes out now for the 8220 flip like on crackberry, etc or have they not been made yet because of how new the phone is?

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jjbryant
My Device: Pearl 8220

Re: 8220 (FLIP) audio

I am also on T-mobile and software version 4.6.0.180 is plenty loud when you have it turned up.  James
I hope that this informatiion helps you to solve the problem!

James