Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

8220 Flip Zoom not working, have in the past daily used this feature.

In the past on a daily basis I used the zoom feature on the camera. I need to be able to use this feature. I have done everything on the forums and posts to reset the feature. Nothing so far works. My family Black Berry Pearl Red has a zoom which does not always work. My 8220 flip is flat out not working at all in zoom. 

Maybe Blackberry will need to learn that making phones in many different factories to Blackberry Quality Specs is a joke. I no longer use Motorolla products because of that reason!

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2267), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: 8220 Flip Zoom not working, have in the past daily used this feature.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Since I've no way to know what you mean by having already tried "everything", I am left with giving you the very first piece of advice in your situation.

• Anytime random strange behaviors creep in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

Re: 8220 Flip Zoom not working, Class Action Lawsuit Anyone? Anyone? Pearl FLIP 8220

Blackberry should be held accountable for not having proper technical support to remedy this issue permanently.  If they were serious about technical support and fixing known issues with the Blackberry Pearl Flip 8220 then this zoom feature issue would no longer be a consumer issue!

Hall of Famer II

Re: 8220 Flip Zoom not working, Class Action Lawsuit Anyone? Anyone? Pearl FLIP 8220

Well, FWIW -- by contract, the carriers are in control of all front-line support...RIM provides zero front-line support. The carriers can escalate into RIM for specific issues at no charge to the end user. But these forums are a user-to-user support channel, not a user-to-RIM conduit. Plus, an expectation of 100% perfection of all manufactured devices is, IMHO, not rational...devices designed and built by humans, especially a device with a mechanical component (the hinge), are prone to imperfection and defect rates greater than zero. They stand behind their devices from a warranty and service perspective, but that, as I say, is serviced by your carrier...not directly by RIM.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I find it funny that rim doesnt want to take responsibility of an item they make. They just say its up to the carrier for support yet the carrier doesnt MAKE the product. Its obvious this phone has many, many issues, yet nothing is done about it because no one wants to take the blame for it. Why not just admit the phone has issues rather then always give the solution of taking out the battery and putting it back in, like that will cure everything. Its a temp fix. Thats all it is. My 8220 will be my first and last Blackberry. Every company I've ever had a problem with a device has always helped me and had good support. From reading so many posts with most people having the same issues, it shows rim could care less. I really am suprised there hasnt been a class action lawsuit yet. I really am.

For those who work for rim, if you bought a car and had so many issues with it and you called the manufactuer and they said just detach and re attach the battery yet that still only solves so much and give you no further help would you like that? What if you had no warrenty at all ever? I dont think so.

True things are bound to have problems. Everything does, but when an item has very well known common issues that says somewhere something went wrong and something should be done about it esp. since most ppl have the same issues. Its not random.

It would be simple for rim. They could easily say something such as, "We are aware of the common issues with the 8220 and are working on possible solutions to fix these problems." That or issue a recall, but we get nothing. Compaines need to show they care about its customers, not push it on someone else (carriers). You make it, take responsibility. Simple as that. Happy customers = more sales.  

Contributor
My Device: BLACKBERRY FLIP 8220, 8900, storm

**bleep** Hands down "NateTrain247" your post needs to be the post of the DECADE!!!

What you said was much need to be said, truthfull, straight forward and direct. The stuff that needs to be heard by rim and followed by them. 

Its crazy how much they want feedback from their customers when its for marketing purposes, but turn around and dont listen to any of the negative feedback that those same LOYAL customers are giving them about a product of theirs that does not work.

Its crazy!   I am saving your comment to post  it to as many places as I can. 

This was pure awesomeness!!!!!

You need to be the CEO of RIM with that speech alone. 

Big Bain
New Contributor

Thank you! I'm just being truthful, honest, and logical.

I actually am a CEO of my own company......pet care though. lol

Glad my post made sense. Question is, will it get through to rim.....

Hall of Famer II

natetrain247 wrote: Question is, will it get through to rim.....

Hello.

In regards to your hope that RIM will see your message -- these forums are a user-to-user support channel, not a user-to-RIM conduit. As such, it is unlikely that they will see what you have written. However, if you have specific and constructive ideas for them, I have heard that they accept such via email to bbsuggestions@rim.com.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates