Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

mprussak
My Device: 8220

8220 Freezing, input errors, slow browsing

I've had the 8220 Pearl Flip since August 2009 (with T-Mobile) and I've had really poor experience with the phone. Looking for advice on how to deal with this. T-Mobile support gives me the run around with reactivating the phone on the network, reinstalling the OS from the desktop manager, they replaced the phone once, but its still a piece of **bleep**. Their best recommendation is for me to power cycle the phone daily... Specifically my problems are:

- My first phone would lose the network once every week or two with various SIM card related errors

- My second phone freezes occasionally while being charged overnight - the clock on the outside display shows the time it froze at, and the phone does not respond to any keys

- The second phone also gets me an "Input System Error - restarting" while I am using the browser - and needs to be battery power cycled

- Both phones have very slow browser performance, both loading web pages and navigating them. This PC Mag review describes my pain very well: http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2331080,00.asp

Is there any solution to these issues? While I could believe that replacing my phone might just stop the problems with freezes and input system errors, I don't see a way of getting the browser performance improved. It's just crappy the way it is, even with JavaScript disabled, and even more so on WiFi.

Is there any hope for me to get this phone to actually work as advertised, or is my only option to get a different model? And if I were to get a different model, is there a way to get T-Mobile to do this for me as if I was on a fresh contract?

New Contributor
secretshopper
My Device: Pearl Flip

Re: 8220 Freezing, input errors, slow browsing

I've had my Pearl flip since July 1, '09, and as stated in my other posts, believe it is marginally so-so in all areas.  My phone's "seizures" haven't been as frequent as yours, it sounds like; I am not seeing it on Cinti Bell's line-up anymore, so I think everyone has come to see it has problems.  It's becoming the "Phone I love to hate".  I may miss complaining about it when I find a phone I like and works well.     Does the date show in its entirety on your cover when it is closed?  (See my other posts).  I would really like to hear from other flip owners on this.    Thanks.