Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

My Device: 9105 3G
My Carrier: Three

9105 3G Internet Browser logo has disappeared & can't surf internet

Hi I am new here so hopefully somebody could help me outSmiley Happy

My 9105 3G phone's Internet Browser logo has disappeared for 2 weeks. I used to surf internet without problem, but now I can't go to any site, even through the 'WAP' . I can only find 'Browser' by 'Switch Application' but again no internet is accessible.

I am in the UK and the phone is contracted with Three. Internet had been accessible since June when I bought it but 2 weeks ago this happened. I've tried to re-send Host Routing Table registration message, but still has got nothing on the screen, nor can I go to internet.

I also find that 'Blackberry Internet Service' is 'not connected'. I don't know whether that's a problem but actually my internet has been fine, because I can still download extra applications through 'App World' icon.

Please help, thanks!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry® 9105Smartphone (3G, Wi-Fi)v5.0.0.748 (Platform 6.2.0.69)3G Bands 1,4,8Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.5.85Branding Version: 1.0.173.486HMicro Edition Configuration: CLDC-1.1Micro Edition Profile
My Carrier: mtn

Re: 9105 3G Internet Browser logo has disappeared & can't surf internet

Hello.

I might have a solution for you. There is a couple of ways you can resolve your problem. When I had a similar but (different app) problem, this what  I did...

A) Run a restore from your phone backup on your personal computer. You will need desktop software and a previous backup file

OR

b) Use the app installer... (You will need the above)

OR

c) Get your service provider to direct you to/or supply you with the phones operating system and re-install the whole OS... (this will solve almost in not all your problems.

Good Luck!

Thekogm

I am Gabriel 

My Device: 9105 3G
My Carrier: Three

Re: 9105 3G Internet Browser logo has disappeared & can't surf internet

Thanks Thekogm. I'll try and let you know the outcome.