Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Trusted Contributor
frfghtr
My Device: Storm 9530 / PlayBook 64GB

Re: Address Book Contacts not showing

The Filters allow you to separate business and pleasure.

You can also create more such as Family, Friends or Enemies.:smileysurprised:

Make sure you leave all the Filters unchecked to see all your Contacts.

When you check a Group (in Filters) it will only show those Contacts in your Address Book. Remember, you haven't lost them. They're just not visible in that setting.

Great if you use your BB for work and play and don't want to see your bosses number once you leave the office.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CaroleB
My Device: Not Specified

But what I was noticing is my contacts were not showing under either filter. They were just gone..
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
frfghtr

When you're creating Contacts are you assigning them to any Categories or just some of them?

Sorry. I may be getting confused myself betweens Groups and Categories. I'm getting dizzy.

Let's try again 

Filters affect Categories. Groups will group contacts together and bring them up all together when you click that group. But the Filter will also hide the group if you've assigned them to a category.

Can't figure out how you're losing contacts though. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CaroleB

I was only doing categories and only when I remembered to do it. So only about 10 out of the probably close to 70 contacts had categories.
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
frfghtr

How are things going with the contacts?

Another guess. Not sure how a BB syncs with an Outlook address book. Were you updating contacts from a pc?

I've wiped out whole calendars trying to sync with google Calendar the wrong way. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
altgo83
My Device: BlackBerry Pearl 8100

Hey!

My problem is solved!

You were right, for some reason the personal filter was checked and I never checked it before,

I didn't even knew I had filters. I unchecked both personal and business and now I

see all my contacts without problems.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
CaroleB

I figured out the same thing myself just a few days ago.
Please use plain text.
gail930

Thank you! I was looking here for the solution to my *no addresses* showing when I went to address book!  I have only had the 8110 for 2 days and KNEW I had some contacts entered! I found that the Personal filter box was checked, I unchecked it and all returned to view including the multiple trial entries I had tried to put in for my son Alex when I first noticed the change!  At least I know how to hide my contact list should I ever want to do so. Somewhere I had noticed that I had 16 entries (maybe in security?) so I was sure they had not been deleted, just hidden!

Now I can continue adding my contacts. Thank you again.

Please use plain text.
CindyOB

Thank you so much for this tip.  I have been in my local store and called the 1-800 number and no one could figure out my problem. The filter for personal addresses was checked and I didn't even know that existed.  Thanks for your post!
Please use plain text.
Developer
akash_wirkle

Address Book Contacts not accessible due to restricted API's

I developed an application on jde4.6 that uses contact list access of the mobile phone, The app works well on 4.6 emulator. When I compile the same code in 4.3 environment, ir gives the following error : in the class that uses the contact list-access code :-Access restriction: The type BlackBerryPIM is not accessible due to restriction on required library C: \Program Files\Research In Motion\BB jde4.3\plugins \net.rim.eide.componentpack4.3.0_4.3.0.8\components\lib\net_rim_api.jar

Other classes of my app are running successfully. Please help!

Regards
Akash Saxena
Blackberry Developer,
Wirkle.
Please use plain text.