Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Annoying Sandclock and continuous Arrows!

Hi All,

My bb kept on showing the annoying sandclock every second and would slow down the useability of my bb. I have since been able to fix that by deleting all my emails, fb posts, clearing cahse, deleting photos etc...However, I am not not receiving e-mail or fb posts and the internet arrows are almost always on and flashing still. I'm not sure if this is still a memory issue or if it something else. I don't know why I am not receiving e-mails anymore either. I did delete some service books (on advice of some other poster), but only deleted the ones I don't use like myspace and flickr.

Does anyone know what is going on? My bb is functioning very slowly and the battery keeps on getting drained. I have already tried taking out the battery for 30sec-1min and still nothing is working. HELP

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry 9700

Re: Annoying Sandclock and continuous Arrows!

Hello chiccaboom and welcome to the forums!

At first glance it seems to me like you might still have a low memory situation on your device.  What you are likely seeing is the Low Memory Manager at work trying to free up some operating space (What is Low Memory Manager?).  I would say check out this article and if it seems like your memory numbers don't line up you might have to reload the software on the device.

1)  Here is how you back up your device. 

2)  Here is how you reload the software cleanly on the device (Alternatively, Here is an article on how to use the Web-Based software loader) 

3)  Here is how you restore your data to the device if it is not backed up automatically.  

-tg

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!