Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

steven-cimino
My Device: Curve 8520

App error 532

My son dipped my phone into milk.  i took it from him and then took out the battery and went to dry it.  it then worked normally for a few minutes and then i realized a few keys started getting jammed, then not functioning then the whole device stalled.  Now after weeks (i was traveling) i tried working it again (curve 8520) and it opens shows the normal screen, shows that i got messages, emails, notifications and beeps but then it only shows "uncaught exception 20 = 20" then the screen goes white with "error app 532".

Is there a chance it gets fixed.  All i want is to get my contacts back.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Steve

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: App error 532

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

REMOVE YOUR BB BATTERY NOW!!!

Run, don't walk, to this FAQ:

Do everything it says, including waiting the maximum recommended time (perhaps longer...perhaps 5 days). Applying power to your BB between it getting wet and doing this process reduces the chances of success. Further, the only thing predictable about moisture intrusion into a BB (indeed, any electronic device) is that the results will be unpredictable. I've seen some come back up right away and be fine. I've seen others never work at all. I've seen still others run for a bit, and then die later. And every thing in between.

You may have a further complication due to milk being the liquid...that could well leave reside that could negatively impact functionality. You likely would be best to seek a local (to you) shop with a qualified BB hardware technician to see if they can perhaps help you...but, given the time that has passed, I would not hold out much hope.

steven-cimino wrote:

All i want is to get my contacts back.

Well, you always have your backup from which to retrieve your data. BB provides at least two totally free methods of backing up your data...if you did not use those, well, what can I say?

Good luck!

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code