Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
bigricksez

B'berry Pearl 8110c upgrade problem

Greetings:  I had a great working 6 month B'Berry Pearl which I attempted to upgrade to use the new desktop software whichj I recently downloaded, and, as it was communicating with the phone after the install, on WINXP svcpac 2 PC, the computer locked up, in mid upload, and I had to hard reboot to get control back of my computer....  Needless to say that phone is now NOT working,  Just flashes a red light twice, every 2 seconds...  The computer does recognize the phone when plugged into the USB.  but the software, both old ver and new ver, now does not interact with the Pearl 8110c phone...  I tried going to another PC and reloading the software,  the phone is recognized again, but no interaction,  I have the sims chip now in my backup phone, so I am not out of phone service, but I would like to get this phone reloaded.  I took it to ATT store, my provider, who tried to reload, with no luck and they said it had to go back to B'berry...  I find no service listings to return this phone to.... any help to fix this or direct me to the right people would be greatly appreciated....  I sure do miss my phone...........................:smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: B'berry Pearl 8110c upgrade problem

I'm sorry to say this is device hardware related which can't be solved without the help of RIM support service. Otherwise you have to look for a new device...:smileysad: though its tough to believe...

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bigricksez

Re: B'berry Pearl 8110c upgrade problem

How do you get them to respond to an inquiry to return by mail for service.... this was due to an upgrade that was caused by their software from their site.... ATT will not do anything

Please use plain text.