Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

asarbutt
My Device: Not Specified

BB 8110 - 507 Error

I got this phone a couple of days ago, used switch device wizard to get the apps from my other BB 8310 then the 8110 comes up with a white screen with circle and a line through the apps and shows 507 underneath.....can anyone help?
Ntropic1

Re: BB 8110 - 507 Error

Try clearing the memory/cache
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

The following are three possible reasons for the error:

1. While using Application Loader to install BlackBerry Device Software, existing applications on the BlackBerry smartphone were erased, and new applications failed to load.
  2. All data and applications were erased when an incorrect password was typed ten times into the BlackBerry smartphone.
  3. The Power Management feature on the computer has disabled the USB ports.

The following are possible resolutions for this issue.

Cause 1

While using Application Loader to install BlackBerry Device Software, existing applications on the BlackBerry smartphone were erased, and new applications failed to load.

Resolution

Complete the following steps:

1.      Verify that you have the BlackBerry Device Software installed on your computer. For instructions, see KB03295.

2.      If your BlackBerry smartphone is connected to a laptop computer in a docking station, disconnect the laptop computer from the docking station and connect the BlackBerry smartphone directly to the laptop computer.

3.      If a third-party program, such as a virus scanner, is using the same COM port as BlackBerry® Desktop Manager, close the third-party program to free the COM port for use.

4.      If you are using a USB adapter to connect your BlackBerry smartphone to a serial port on your computer, temporarily connect your BlackBerry smartphone to a computer with a USB port.

5.      Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager and double-click the Application Loader icon.

6.      Use the application loader tool to install the BlackBerry Device Software.

Note: If the application loader process fails, see KB03295.

Cause 2

All data and applications were erased when an incorrect password was typed ten times into the BlackBerry smartphone. For more information, see KB02318.

Resolution

1. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager and double-click the Application Loader icon.
  2. Use the application loader tool to install the BlackBerry Device Software.

Cause 3

The Power Management feature on the computer has disabled the USB ports.

Note: This resolution is for Microsoft® Windows® XP users only.

Resolution

1. On your computer, click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
  2. In the Control Panel, double-click the System icon. The System Properties window opens.
  3. Click the Hardware tab of the System Properties and click Device Manager.
  4. In the Device Manager, double-click Universal Serial Bus Controllers.
  5. Right-click the first USB root hub and select Properties.
  6. In the Properties window, click the Power Management tab.
  7. Clear the check box beside
  8. Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.
  9. Repeat for all other USB root hubs.
  10. Restart your computer.

Source: KB02792

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

asarbutt

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Thanks so much for the reply but for some reason the app loader is not finding the BB device software....my issue is number 1, have you got anymore suggestions? Just spoke to T Mobile and they are saying its a fault with the phone...

Also what would be the best software to download from the website, perhaps I have downloaded the wrong one?

Thanks again

Message Edited by asarbutt on 08-31-2008 07:11 AM
gotparker

If you take the battery out and then connect it to USB, the device manager will see it.