Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
theartistBB
My Device: 8220

BB 8220: App World can't download and Facebook App stopped working!

[ Edited ]

Good day!

I have a BB Pearl Flip running on OS4.6.0.155 and everything seems to be working just fine: the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and even my apps but suddenly, while I'm surfing the net using my BB (via Wi-Fi), my FB app stopped responding and I thought there was just a limited connection but since then I can't access my FB app anymore wherever hotspot I go. It's just stuck on the loading page but I have my Twitter app working though. And in another event, I am trying to download the BlackBerry App World in my BB but it failed because of some error. I also tried downloading the FB app v. 1.9 (since I have a v. 1.7 only) but also failed. What seems to be causing these problems? And why can't I download BB App World (as well as any BB apps) anymore whereas I've downloaded my Twitter app before and it worked successfully?

It's bad enough that I can't upgrade my OS to version 5 but do I have to suffer being denied of access to my FB app and other downloadable apps on the BB site?:smileysad:

Help me please.

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: BB 8220: App World can't download and Facebook App stopped working!

Hey theartistBB,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

I can definitely help you.  What error did you receive when trying to update Facebook for BlackBerry®?  Also try the update by going to www.blackberry.com/facebook and try to download App World™ from www.blackberry.com/appworld.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
theartistBB
My Device: 8220

Re: BB 8220: App World can't download and Facebook App stopped working!

Hi ViciousFerret,

I think it's COD something, I honestly have no clue. All I know is that when I tried to download the App World™ from the browser, it failed and as I access my FB mobile app, it just hangs on the loading page. I thought maybe upgrading would get it fixed but the download fails everytime.

I downloaded a Twitter App prior to that incident and it worked fine, it installed properly and I could use it 'til now.