Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
theartistBB
My Device: 8220
My Carrier: SUN

BB 8220: App World can't download and Facebook App stopped working!

[ Edited ]

Good day!

I have a BB Pearl Flip running on OS4.6.0.155 and everything seems to be working just fine: the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and even my apps but suddenly, while I'm surfing the net using my BB (via Wi-Fi), my FB app stopped responding and I thought there was just a limited connection but since then I can't access my FB app anymore wherever hotspot I go. It's just stuck on the loading page but I have my Twitter app working though. And in another event, I am trying to download the BlackBerry App World in my BB but it failed because of some error. I also tried downloading the FB app v. 1.9 (since I have a v. 1.7 only) but also failed. What seems to be causing these problems? And why can't I download BB App World (as well as any BB apps) anymore whereas I've downloaded my Twitter app before and it worked successfully?

It's bad enough that I can't upgrade my OS to version 5 but do I have to suffer being denied of access to my FB app and other downloadable apps on the BB site?:smileysad:

Help me please.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: BB 8220: App World can't download and Facebook App stopped working!

Hey theartistBB,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

I can definitely help you.  What error did you receive when trying to update Facebook for BlackBerry®?  Also try the update by going to www.blackberry.com/facebook and try to download App World™ from www.blackberry.com/appworld.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
theartistBB
My Device: 8220
My Carrier: SUN

Re: BB 8220: App World can't download and Facebook App stopped working!

Hi ViciousFerret,

I think it's COD something, I honestly have no clue. All I know is that when I tried to download the App World™ from the browser, it failed and as I access my FB mobile app, it just hangs on the loading page. I thought maybe upgrading would get it fixed but the download fails everytime.

I downloaded a Twitter App prior to that incident and it worked fine, it installed properly and I could use it 'til now.

Please use plain text.