Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
crisluc83
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BB Deleting My SMS and CAll Logs

Oh K My BB is deleting my SMS and Call logs on its own..Wuz supp with that..It never did it before..Can anyone help
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: BB Deleting My SMS and CAll Logs

If the device is running low of free space it will begin to delete call logs and email messages in order to make room for new ones. Check the free space by going to Options | Status and look at the 'File Free' number. If that's close to 0 then that is why. A quick remedy would be to remove the battery for 1 min then after the device boots up check the File Free number again to see if it increased. Check the following article for ways to free up more memory on the device: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14320
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
sailtx109

I had something similar happen last night except it wiped out all emails, text, ims and phone logs any ideas on how to recover them?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stejar

Hei!

it has happened to me twice in 3 weeks.all of a sudden it wipes off all the sms and the call log..

i thought it was a problem with my handset but obviously not.

In my case it s definitely not a matter of memory space!

Can anybody suggest how to make sure this doesn t happen again?or why this is happening so often?

Thanks 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
crisluc83

OMG !!! thank that worked...Thank you again
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

Sailtx109, unless the device data bas backed up with the Desktop Manager's Backup and Restore feature then I'm afraid all of that data is gone.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

Stejar, whats your free space number at right now?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
stejar

hei

file free is 14165261..it sounds like a lot..no?

if there s anything you could suggest..

Thanks,

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80

That's 14MB of free space, which is fine for now. Well the link in my previous post is things you can do to prevent the loss in the future. This article shows how you can check where all the space is being used at on the device: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15345. You can periodically use the Desktop Manager to perform a backup of all the data on your device if you wanted to be safe.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
tsmith8647

[ Edited ]
Samething happened to me and i call the company there answer was this is a mini comp type so you must hard boot it at times to clear it up . you know turn it off and take the battery out for a few mins. i did it that time and haven't had that problem again.
Message Edited by tsmith8647 on 08-29-2008 11:32 PM
Please use plain text.