Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

My Device: BlackBerry Pearl 8130
My Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

BB Pearl HELP - "radio" always turns off!

This just started happening yesterday.  The radio will be off and therefore isn't connected to a network.  I can turn it back on manually in order to make a call or catch up on missed texts but in about 1 minute it automatically switches back off.  I've tried restarting it and removing the battery a couple times.  Any thoughts?

My Device: Pearl 8130

Re: BB Pearl HELP - "radio" always turns off!

This has been happening to me for three weeks now.  Horribly inconvenient!!!  The phone is nearly useless like this.  I have been reading up on the issue, trying every trick in the book without success.  I have wiped the phone, updated the software, and even installed the latest operating system without any luck.  I feel it is a hopeless situation, especially there isn't anyone at BlackBerry that responds to these posts or anyone there to talk with about this issue.  Please, if anyone has any info, post it and help us out!!!

Frustrated Consumer

My Device: Not Specified

Re: BB Pearl HELP - "radio" always turns off!

my phone started doing the same thing. it has become unusable, it won't stay connected longer than 5 seconds. the rep where i got it said its a known issue and there is no fix.