Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
MarshalK

BB Wont Detect SD Card

I've recently discovered how to upload media to my BB but I can't manage to add much due to the fact that the BB wont detect that I actually do have a SD Card in it, does it have to be a specific kind because I have a SanDisk..

Please reply,

Thank's

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222

Re: BB Wont Detect SD Card

No it doesn't matter what brand SD card you have. Although it is possible you have a faulty card. Not to sound funny but are you sure the card is inserted properly. It doesn't go under the door like the SIM card. It actually fits into the door like a cassette into a tape deck. If you are certain you have it installed correctly you might want to think about exchanging the card.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MarshalK

I'm positive that the SD Card works cause it worked just fine in my last phone and i just transfered it over to my BB

As for that tape deck area, there is none .. All my BB has is a slot above where the Sim Card goes which is the only other slot where it could go...

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Carrier: grameenphone

Did you format the card after inserting into the device? If not then please do so. Moreover, check the following

1 . Option

2. Media Card

3. Media Card Support: On

4. Mass Storage Mode Support: On

5. Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: Yes

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MarshalK

All those options have been changed to what you said and nothing changed .. although i dont know how to format it like you said, im not very technologically inclined
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Here is the memory card size allowed by each OS:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05461

If you have the correct size card go to OPTIONS MEDIA CARD MENU KEY FORMAT CARD.

If you need more information, please ask!

If not, please resolve the post using the options by the kudos’ star

.Just check the post that had your answer!

Thanks 

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Gberry

Hi Saw this posting can you help me below:

Hi, I currently have that problem with my Blackberry Pearl 8100. I put it a 1 GB MicroSD (Patriot) card and connected the cable to the PC and on the PC I created a folder and added the music to it and pictures. It worked fine but one day I took the SIM card out just because and when I restarted my phone off and on it would not go pass the providers screen. It stays there, it seems it freezes and it cannot be turned off. So, I took the media card out and turned it on and it displays the screen with no problem. So again I turned it off and installed the card back in and it still the same problem. I also somehow I installed the media card in the phone without taking the battery out but it still doesn't recognize the card. The first time I installed the card I don't think it was formatted(not sure). But it was working fine. I have installed another card and it still doesn't recognize another card. Also,the media card I tried it on another phone and it is not recognized. Why would it work the first time as BrandonV(below) but not even locate it or make the phone not work while it has the Media card in? BrandonV, if you found a solution please let me know. Anyone else be kind enough to propose a solution. Thanks, Gberry

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi Gberry and welcome to the forums!

I would suggest that you open a different thread for your problem.

It's is much different than the originator's. If you open your own

thread you will get more visibility, and therefore more help.

Be sure to but in all the specific that you have listed.

We'll help you I'm sure!

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
palhere

I faced the same problem as MarshalK in my Blackberry 8110.

I inserted the microSD card and went to the Options->Media card and it was showing that there is no media card inserted.

I checked the card connecting laptop it was working fine.

I called Blackberry support , replaced another card, switched off the phone and switched it on  nothing helped.

And after all a day struggle, after reading this thread, I got a thought probably I should remove the battery and do a restart.

I removed the battery and then put it again and started. It took sometime to boot and it detected the card.

So, the problem seemed to be that the device switch off and switch on is not a full restart and so removing the battery abd putting it again helps.

Please use plain text.