Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry pearl 8100

BB- pearl 8100 - JVM error 547

Hi,

I have Blackberry 8100 pearl model, it is giving me following error message ( even after hard restart, this msg appears  as soon as i insert the battery):

JVM ERROR 547

flash write failed: p=827a0000,s=4.

I downloaded the version 4.2.2 desktop manager from the below link:

After installing the new DTM ver 4.2.2, I performed the points mentioned in this link

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10144&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

But when i try this , it fails in step 4, that is, I am not able to see any applications listed. It is displaying this message:

" The BlackBerry desktop software does not have BlackBerry Device software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

I have not taken any back up of my phone, so i dont want to loose my data esp the contact list and messages. Earlier I had version 4.2.0.10 deskop manager now even after upgrading it to 4.2.2 it didnt help Smiley Sad .

I also tried selecting secure mode and reset but it didnt help.

Please help me to recover. I shall be extremely thankfull.

PS:  I am new to this forum, not sure If I am posting at right place, please redirect me to the correct thread if I am wrong.

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: BB- pearl 8100 - JVM error 547

Hello jamin

The first thing here is that your data is most likely already lost Smiley Sad

Second, have you downloaded your device software?  The device software is different from the Desktop Manager software.

If you have not downloaded your device software you will need to do this and install it on the computer.  I suspect this is the reason you are getting  " The BlackBerry desktop software does not have BlackBerry Device software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator."

To get the device software you will need to go back to the carrier site and download it. 

If you tell me who your carrier is I can get you the download link.

Once you have the device software you are going to want to follow the below KB article

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11320&slic...

Hope to hear from you soon!

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!