Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Regular Contributor
Marwan_bs
My Device: Pearl 9105 3G
Accepted Solution

BB protect issue

Hey BB'ers. Well, after reinstalling BB OS6; BB protect App. stopped backing up displaying a status “service plan doesn't include BB Protect”, while another BB Apps. work normally. The service provider said the service plan is giving a proper work report; telling me to review App. settings on device.
Mentioned issue kept occurring unlike before the reinstall via BB Desktop. Therefore, I changed the BlackBerry ID but resulted the same. So, what should I do?
Regards.
Retired
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: BB protect issue

Hello Marwan_bs

Welcome to the forums. 

In order to use BlackBerry® Protect you will need to have a data plan the includes the use of the BlackBerry browser. If you are on a social only plan then you will need to contact your wireless service provider to have your data plan updated. 

Hope this helps. Have a good day. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Regular Contributor
Marwan_bs
My Device: Pearl 9105 3G

Re: BB protect issue

Thanks but what is meant in updating the plan?
Do you mean to deactivating/activating the plan as a plan reset? If so, they don't allow making such action. Maybe I should wait till the plan validity expire to subscribe a new one, but what shall I do if next subscription had same issue in BB protect?

Regards..