Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
Nikkio
My Device: Pearl 9105
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

BBM / Email

Since installing BBM on my Pearl 9105 I no longer receive emails which have always come through before.  I could send but not receive so I tried deleting my email addresses and reinstalling them but this made it worse as now I can't send or receive!  If anyone can help I'd be very grateful!!  Thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BBM / Email

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you should again try deleting and re-adding your BIS configuration for the affected email accounts. Otherwise, you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nikkio

Thank you!  I've spent all day following your instructions which has all been going ok to the point where I have to "send service book".  I get this far but never receive the service books in messages :smileysad:  Really don't know what's going wrong; have also tried the hard reboot to no avail.  Really quick and helpful response though; thank you :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

So, just to double check...

1) You received the Registration message into the Messages app of your BB (note...this is NOT the popup saying that the registration is queued!).

2) You delete the Service Books just fine, but when you send them, you can initiate the command to do so just fine, but nothing arrives to your Messages app(s). Note again that this receipt of a message only applies IF you have email accounts configured to your BB...if you don't, then you'd not receive anything and instead be waiting the 1 hour.

In any event, if what I've said here is correct, then you fall out to the end of that process...contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nikkio

You're correct!  Yes, I got the Registration message.  Yes, I deleted Service Books.  Yes, I can initiate sending Service Books (with email accounts (x 3) configured to BB) but nothing comes through, not even after 1 (several!) hour(s).

Thanks very much for your help, I appreciate it, but I shall now have to trundle down to my service provider :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Good luck!

PS -- don't let them fob you off. Too many times, we hear on this site things like "my carrier told me I had to contact RIM". If they say anything like that, it's poppycock!

End users have no free method to contact RIM. Rather, the carrier is responsible for ALL front line support for service-related issues, and can escalate into RIM at no charge to the end user, those cases that they carrier cannot resolve. So, if they do tell you to "contact RIM", push a little...perhaps with "OK, please tell me exactly how" and see how they react. The only proper reaction is for the carrier to open a case and escalate it into RIM. Anything else is not correct.

Oh...one last bit of ammunition...if they do say that, then think of it this way...who do you PAY for your services? Not RIM! You pay your carrier...and they are contractually bound to provide you both services as well as support, including the escalation into RIM if necessary. That is what you pay them for.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.