Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
CruiseMermaid
My Device: Not Specified

BLACKBERRY MESSENGER "Pending Pin Update Notification" Message !!

Hello everyone - Just got a replacement blackberry phone (8130) because of all sorts of issues ... anyway when we activiated the new phone - it gave me that message about 'update pin with messenger contacts or they will be erased' (so I chose that option) - and anyway my 'contacts' all showed up under the 'pending pin update notification' - so I messaged a 'couple' of them and they 'talked' back at me so they didn't have to do 'anything' and then poof they were in my 'regular' contacts list.

MY QUESTION IS:  There is a few people on my list I DONT want to message first - so I'm wondering - will they 'automatically' receive an update notice?  Or will they forever be sending me messages that I'll never receive because "I" didn't send them an 'update pin' notification?  (So there messages just end up in phone cyber space somewhere) ?? 

So in other words - is that something I 'have' to send (send notice to update pin) - or 'start' a conversation with them? Or will they never know I got a replacement phone - and never know they need to 'update my pin' unless I send them something or unless I talk to them first ?

What I'm getting at is that there are certain people that I just dont want to 'start' a conversation with right now (I'm waiting for them to start one with me ...) - does that make sense?  I'm probably worried about the stupidest stuff!  LOL  Thanks for any help !!!

Please use plain text.