Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

REALSUCCESSGS
My Device: BLACKBERRY PEARL FLIP 8220
My Carrier: T=MOBILE

BLACKBERRY PEARL 8220 FLIP BATTERY ISSUES

Hello, I recently purchased a Blackberry Pearl flip 8220 and I noticed that the battery usage was extremely low, I would charge the phone all night into the morning and when I wake up I turn it on for use. Since I noticed it had a problem with battery usage, I pulled out the battery and saw that it was a "generic" battery not from Blackberry CM-2, So I purchased a brand new factory made CM-2 Blackberry battery. The problem is, I still have the same issue, I charge the battery all night into morning and the battery only lasts a few hours at most. I charged it all night last night and already from 11am - 3pm the battery is half-dead and I have hardly used it! I'm trying to find out if anyone knows what could be causing this to happen? Is it common for this phone to use battery life so abundantly? Thanks

Please use plain text.
mariai1991
My Device: Pearl Flip 8220
My Carrier: ...

Re: BLACKBERRY PEARL 8220 FLIP BATTERY ISSUES

hi! I have exactly the same problem... does anyone know how to maximize the battery life?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
fvshaggy
My Device: Flip 8220
My Carrier: t-mobile

Hello all,

I received a Blackberry Flip 8220 and it has been working not so good during the last couple of months. I have
read all the support forums and all sorts of information on trying to
solve my problem. My current problem is this. My phone battery cannot
hold a charge for more than a day. I don't use data plans and I don't
have an exceptional amount of calling that I am doing either. I have
verified that wifi is off and all other components are off too (blue
tooth). I have done a battery pull to reset the phone and even
installed the new firmware and purchased a new battery thinking that
maybe the battery had already gone out on me (which has never happened
to me with all the phones I have had over the years.) To say the least
I am very disappointing about this and don't think that I would likely
purchase another device from your company. My wife has the same phone
and she doesn't have any problems with the battery and we both do the
same charging cycles like we think we should. Of course my phone is out
of warranty and there is probably nothing I can do until my new contract
comes up. This is just very frustrating and I am very unlikely to
purchase another phone from your company. I don't know if anything can
be fixed from the phone or what could be done with it. I think I might
have to switch back to my old Nokia that lasts more than a few days on
one charge.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bearsfoxylady
My Device: Bold 9900 (white)/9360 Curve (White)
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

My first battery for mine did this. I was entitled to a replacement as I was within my 6 months with my carrier. It was a bad battery. I've found this problem quite common when phones are relatively new actually. If it's still doing that, it may be a problem with the handset.. in which case you should be taking it back to where you got it if you have a warranty of any kind. It's a great phone once you get any bugs worked out and get used to the keyboard :smileyhappy: 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MarceloUruguay
My Device: Blackberry 8220 perl flip
My Carrier: Ancel

I purchased a Blackberry 8220 on August 2009, started with problems on December an take it to the service for repair on February 2010 before battery guarantee finish but knowing that the problem was not the battery because the telephone works normaly and fail appears once a month.

The problem is that I turn it off with the battery with 3/4 load and at the following morning when I try to turn it on it does not start, the battery is dead, I conect to the energy to load it and loads in the normal period and works for several days normaly. I changed the battery but the problem persist.

I wrote several letters to RIM Solution Provider, (ANTEL - URUGUAY) as responsable for the guarantee of my phone and send e-mail to RIM (help@rim.com) but up to date October 15, 2010 nowboady honored the guarantee or answered my letters and still waiting for them.

I am very annoyed with RIM Solution Provider and RIM because they know that anyboady would take them to the Court for 200 US Dollars and they play with that.

Regards,

Marcelo from Uruguay

Please use plain text.
antriksh
My Device: pearl 8220
My Carrier: airtel

hi i purchased blackebrry pearl some two years back.this has been the worst phone that 1 could buy.bluetooth dosnt work.battery dies in 2 hours.i have exchanged n number of batteries still does'nt help the cause. it gives me an imperission of not al using blackberry phones in future.

Please use plain text.
baradiu
My Device: 8220 8520 9700 9790
My Carrier: orange vodafone

hi! it is a bluetooth cip issue, it has to be removed from the motherboard in a specialized telephone repair service :smileysad:

many bb 8220 have this problem

sorry for my English

Please use plain text.
baradiu
My Device: 8220 8520 9700 9790
My Carrier: orange vodafone

it is a bluetooth cip issue, it has to be replaced from the motherboard in a specialized telephone repair service, after that, the baterry life will increase considerably

sorry for my English

Please use plain text.