Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

bbgal111
My Device: Not Specified

Backup SMS texts from Blackberry to PC?

Hi there,

Is there a way I can backup or transfer my SMS text messages from my Blackberry Pearl to my PC? 

I have a large number of texts, and there are important ones that I want to save to PC - that will save the timestamp as well as the text itself.

I have done a search and could only find software to send SMS from my PC, but no mention of whethe rI can import SMS from BB to PC.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance!

zp18zp18
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Backup SMS texts from Blackberry to PC?

Please see my post today 11/21 called "SIM card full, can't download all SMS messages" for a similiar problem and a partial solution in that I can get the most recent 8 messages but not the older ones.

Using the BB Desktop Manager from RIM, Version 5.0.1.18 dated Agust 09, the "Backup and Restore" function will backup these into an IPD data base format.  To read this, I downloaded and installed a 30 day free usage product called ABC Amber BB Converter.  It is a crippled app but will show you the messages.

Hopefully someone else will respond to either your or my request for help in downloading all the SMS messages.

HTH

GWB