Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
agabriela89
My Device: Not Specified

Battery question???

I just bought a new blackberry pearl and i have turn off all the applicantions that i dont use and i leave it in stand by all the day and i charge it every night and by the end of the day my battery has drain 10% so it goes from 100% to 90% and i have it in stand by is that ok or i have to take back to the store to get a new battery or what can i do if its not normal??

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Battery question???

This is normal coz your device is connected with data service and it always checking for mails. This activity requires charge. Moreover, even if you stop all application you can't stop 5 apps from running. So this also drains device charge.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
agabriela89

Well thanks but also i havnt install my email adress does that matters or not?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
d_fisher
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Do you have a BlackBerry data plan? If not your BlackBerry will keep trying to connect and thus drain the battery.
Please use plain text.
mwebb

Hello, similar issue/topic for me.

I bought the 8210 last weekend and I am seeing the battery drain from being full to empty in about 12 hours.

- Blackberry On / Charger in overnight - battery indicator shows full in the morning

- WI-Fi / Bluetooth Off

- Backlight Brightness @ 50, Backlight Timeout @ 30sec

- No music played, very little use of email, internet, text

Basically, it's not being used but the battery is still running down very quickly. Does anyone have any ideas what might be running to cause this?

Thanks

Please use plain text.