Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

petergermany
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Pearl 8110 - Letters "Z" and "Y" are mixed up...!?! Please help....

Hi folks,

I am a pretty new owner (1 day) of a BB 8110. By writing my first SMS I recognized, that the letters Z and Y are mixed up. That means, if I want to write a Z, I have to use the Y and the other way round and I think this is a bug, which must disappear to prevent me to get crazy.

Does anyone have the same problem or heard that before? Please let me know and help to make me happy!

Many thanks in advance!!

Cheers, Peter from Germany

Please use plain text.
Hoop500
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry Pearl 8110 - Letters "Z" and "Y" are mixed up...!?! Please help..

Hi,

I have the same problem on my 8120 and have not found the answer.  My "Y" and "Z" are mixed up on the keyboard....hit "Y" and you get "Z" and vice-versa.

Anyone have a solution??

Many thanks....

Please use plain text.
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: BlackBerry Pearl 8110 - Letters "Z" and "Y" are mixed up...!?! Please help..

[ Edited ]

It is not a problem, it is a keyboard layout for devices which are selling in Germany.

If you have noticed that keyboards for desktop computers with german layout have the same location of Z and Y keys.

Solution: try to find an application that changes the keyboard layout on your device.

Message Edited by tbilisoft on 26-06-2009 07:08 AM
Please use plain text.