Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Pearl Flip 8220
My Carrier: Personal
Accepted Solution

Blackberry 8220 Help Please!

[ Edited ]

I have a new Blackberry 8220 its unlocked from TMobile and it just keeps turning off by itself.

It has the BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.6.0.278 (Indosat) and before I installed it I deleted the file "net_rim_tmo_five.cod". (This is the one I have now, tried already like 4 or 5)

The thing is that with NO sim It never reboots, and with the sim card IN it just goes crazy.

I tested for more than 5 hours now with no sim and its steady, with sim card in it in just powers off very randomly.

When it shuts down, no matter what, I have to pull out the battery and put it back again, the red light goes on (Just turns on, no blinking), it starts to boot up and then when comes to the white screen it turns off again except if I plug it to the charger. Sometimes it just boot normally, but then again it shuts down when using the phone.

I read a lot already about this and tried a lot, I dont really know if its a faulty battery or if its hardware. Cant be the OS, tried a lot already and wiped out everything following 3 or 4 guides.

Can someone help me here?

EDIT: Forgot to mention, sometimes, not always, It shuts down even pluged in to the charger.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Blackberry 8220 Help Please!

Have you tried another sim card?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Yep, I tried with 3 already

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Why did you remove the My Faves .cod file? Have you tried it without removing any .cod's?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Tried as a last kinda ilogic option, I dont know. Tried with stock firmware from TMobile, with Personal firmware from Argentina, one from Italy and last one that I removed that COD its from Indosat (v4.6.0.278)

Have tried already with these OS: v4.6.0.180, v4.6.0.520, v4.6.0.278 (Indosat / Italian Carrier)

Guru I

If you've tried with all those OS's it's pretty apparent that it's not an OS problem. My guess is there is a radio problem that is causing it. It's likely a hardware problem and probably not much you can do about it.
New Contributor

**bleep**, well that confirms that is hardware.

Guess I'll have to reclaim at the shop where I bought it. I think they won't change the unit in the same day and say something like they have to "Test the unit for a couple of days and check if it can be repaired"

Thanks you John, a lot.

Guru I

Wish I had a better solution for you. Good luck!