Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9105 3G
My Carrier: Airtel

Blackberry OS 6 on Pearl 3G 9105: A few questions

Dear All,

I've recently updated my Pearl 3G 9105 to BB OS v.6.0.0.1479. using my Windows 7 based PC & I have the following questions: So please bear with me

1)  On the home screen I noticed that pressing the menu button does not directly open the menu tray while on OS 5 it did directly open the menu tray... Is there any way to directly open the menu tray with a single press of the menu button?

2)  While updating the OS the old OS & existing data is first erased and then the new OS is installed on the phone right?  While my phone memory had around 136 MB free while I had OS 5 installed , after installing OS 6 ( without new apps) my phone memory dropped to 90 MB....

Please could someone help me out on this?

Thanks...

Much appreciated

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Blackberry OS 6 on Pearl 3G 9105: A few questions

JollyRoger1983 wrote:

1)  On the home screen I noticed that pressing the menu button does not directly open the menu tray while on OS 5 it did directly open the menu tray... Is there any way to directly open the menu tray with a single press of the menu button?

on OS6 with the default theme, you can also simply flick from top to bottom of the screen. That will open the pane you are looking at.

Other than that, you can install another theme. You can find some themes on the AppWorld or on other websites on the internet.

JollyRoger1983 wrote:

2)  While updating the OS the old OS & existing data is first erased and then the new OS is installed on the phone right?  While my phone memory had around 136 MB free while I had OS 5 installed , after installing OS 6 ( without new apps) my phone memory dropped to 90 MB....

OS6 takes more space than OS5. That is due to several new features (the home screen panes, the Universal Search, the new Application management system and so on) as well as new applications that you may have installed without knowing (for example the "social feeds" app).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Pearl 9105 3G
My Carrier: Airtel

Thanks for your reply.....

One more question:

Is it possible to delete multiple text messages on OS6 on the pearl 3G 9105. Holding down the Shift key & scrolling the trackpad up and down doesn't seem to work....

Please help... thanks

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 3G 9105
My Carrier: assistant project manager

Hey,
could you give me alink or tell me, where you downloaded the new Pearl 3G 9105 to BB OS v.6.0.0.1479 from?

Thanks
Best regards
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Hey marto_l33t,

Please read ahead !
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Pearl/BlackBerry-Pearl-3G-9100-9105-Official-devic...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 3G 9105
My Carrier: assistant project manager

Thanks Xandrex. :smileyhappy: