01-19-2013 08:12 PM
I put my ext memory card to my phone, but it can't read it.. I go to options > memory, and it says that the media card cannot be read. it is telling me to verify that the maemory card is formatted. when i hit the format option it starts loading to formatting and then it tells me that the formatting has failed.
please help me
01-19-2013 08:21 PM
01-19-2013 08:42 PM
I already tried 3 memory card.. all of them failed to read too.. I already format all the card from my pc. and I tried it to my other blackberry, all of them can be read.
01-19-2013 08:46 PM
It sounds like the card reader has failed. You can try reloading the OS from scratch to see if that helps but I doubt it will. Here are some instructions for that:
1. First locate your carrier and the OS file you wish to use.
2. It doesn't hurt to do a manual backup of your device first, using Desktop Manager > Backup. Close Desktop Manager upon completion and unplug BlackBerry. You can get BlackBerry Desktop Software here http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/
3. Download the OS file from step 1 to the PC then install it to the PC by running (double clicking) the file you downloaded.
4. Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader and delete the file named "vendor.xml." Also check the following locations for vendor.xml files and delete any instances of the file:
On Windows Vista/7 navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
On Windows XP navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USER\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (Where "YOUR_USER" is your username)
5. Use BBSAK from BBSAK.org and wipe the device (after doing a complete backup) then after you get the error 507 (no OS installed) then proceed to next step.
6. Plug in BlackBerry and double click on "Loader.exe." It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
01-19-2013 09:38 PM