Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

tguy231
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 9100

Blackberry Pearl 9100....want to update software....

Help me please!!!!!!  I have a Blackberry Pearl 9100 and love it. I love the Pearls. I have had every model everytime they are updated. I actually have 2 questions...First....seeings how blackberry sends out a Pearl once in a blue moon and with the new Blackberry 10 stuff going on....I was wondering if I could update my software to a more advanced one. I love the feel and the simplicity of my Pearl, but do not like how out dated I am compared to everyone else. Is there a way to bump up my Pearl's ability....like to the 06 or 07?? and with the new 10 out is there any word or hint that their might be a Pearl running on 10 in the future....all I have heard is that the Pearl is outdated and it will more than likely discontinued.....IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO ON THIS PLEASE HELP ME>>>>>

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Blackberry Pearl 9100....want to update software....

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

At the top of this board, there is a sticky thread:

That thread discusses the OS levels available for your device. Unfortunately, our good friend Xandrex has been unable to keep those updated lately, but it remains a good starting point for your research. What you need to do is:

1. Figure out which carriers still support your specific model BB
  2. Compare the OS levels that each carrier provides for your specific model

You can do all of that via the official download portal:

It'll be a bit tedious, since that is first sorted by carrier...but that sticky thread might help you in more quickly finding which carriers support your model.

Your model is indeed old, so I'd not expect much...certainly not BB10 (that's a revolutionary change, and NO pre-Z/Q10 models will receive BB10), and likely not OS7...perhaps not even OS6. But, your research will provide you with the answer you seek.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code