Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

ambery1
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Pearl Audio Issue

I can't hear incoming or outgoing calls unless the speakerphone is on. Incoming and outgoing calls: Others can hear me when speakerphone is OFF (or on) even though I cannot hear them when the speakerphone is off. Basically, I cannot receive call audio in the handset mode. All help appreciated!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
nerolijasmine
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Singtel

Re: Blackberry Pearl Audio Issue

It seems like a device software issue. Find out what version of device software(firmware) you are using. To find this out, from the Home Screen, go to Options > About. On the third line, it should be displayed as ' v4.2.2...'

Try installing a later version of the Device Software. If I'm not wrong, you can download it from your carrier's website. If the version on your Carrier's site is the same as the current version on your device, just try reinstalling. It may help. If still doesn't work, then could be hardware issue.......

***Visit BlackBerry Technical Solution Center (www.blackberry.com/btsc) for answers to your support questions, documentation & related resources***
Please use plain text.